作者 主题: 【AP】谁成了刺客WHO BECOMES AN ASSASSIN? P1-P5  (阅读 8836 次)

副标题: 老好人刺客寂灭遗言第一部分 校对:Bellicose

离线 cmoon

• Chivary
  • 帖子数: 1105
  • 苹果币: 5
  • 你的沙制的绳索
【AP】谁成了刺客WHO BECOMES AN ASSASSIN? P1-P5
« 于: 2018-05-06, 周日 14:09:38 »
>无论我们承认与否,杀戮都是暗影狂奔者们工作的一部分。随便问这里的十个发帖人里就有九个在工作期间杀过人,无论是出于自卫还是因为他们被派去除掉目标。所以看到那些经常做湿活的人,比如Balladeer,因为他们在暗影中所做的事情而遭到伪君子们的吹毛求疵,真他娘的令人生气。
考虑到这些,我提出这个文件供你参考。作者在几小时前提交了一个“时间敏感”的标签。我读了这个文件的标题,刺客入门,在得到了Balladeer的专业意见之后,我认为这值得发布。作者声称自己是职业刺客,而Balladeer也证实他似乎很熟悉这一行的细节。这并不一定意味着你会同意他所说的一切,但他为那些想成为职业刺客的人提供的实用建议是相当可靠的。
即使是那些不想成为职业刺客的人也应该注意下这个文件。毕竟,假如你运气不佳,有个刺客盯上你了,知道他会怎么做可是很宝贵的,不是吗?

> Bull(公牛)
剧透 -   :
> Whether we want to admit it or not, killing is part of a shadowrunner’s job. Ask any ten posters here on Jackpoint and I’ll bet nine of them have killed someone during a job, whether it was in self-defense or because they were assigned to take out the target. So it’s really fuckin’ annoying to see people who often take wetwork jobs, like Balladeer, getting dumped on by hypocrites here because of what they do in the shadows. With that in mind, I present this file for your consideration. The author submitted it a couple of hours ago with a “time sensitive” tag. I read the file’s title, The Assassin’s Primer, and after getting Balladeer’s expert opinion, I decided it was worth posting. The author claims to be a professional assassin, and Balladeer confirmed that he seems to know the ins and outs of that line of work intimately. That doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll agree with everything he says, but the practical advice he offers for those looking to become professional assassins is pretty solid.
Even those of you who don’t want to make a career out of being an assassin should pay attention to this file. After all, if you’re ever unlucky enough to have a hitman targeting you, it pays to know how he might operate, neh?

>我也决定授予该文件的作者临时发布特权。考虑到他剩下的时间不多了,我想他至少有权利维护与修改他的遗言。
 > Glitch(失灵)
剧透 -   :
> I’ve also decided to grant this document’s author temporary posting privileges. Given how little time he has left to live, I figure he’s at least got a right to defend and amend his last words.
« 上次编辑: 2018-06-16, 周六 18:21:17 由 cmoon »

离线 cmoon

• Chivary
  • 你的沙制的绳索
Re: 【AP】刺客入门The Assassin’s PrimerP1-P15
« 回帖 #1 于: 2018-05-06, 周日 14:12:05 »
发布 由:QUIETUS(寂灭)
POSTED BY: QUIETUS

*文中粗体字都是寂灭的文件原文
我不剩多少时间了,所以我直接切入正题,我的名字是寂灭(Quietus),并且我是一名雇佣刺客。我的雇主需要不留痕迹,因此,他需要干掉我。
剧透 -   :
I don’t have much time left, so I’ll cut to the chase. My name’s Quietus, and I’m an assassin for hire. In forty-eight hours, maybe less, I’ll be eliminated by my employer as a loose end.
我去任何地方,他们皆能找到我。他们也不可能停下自己搜寻的脚步。我知道的太多了,他们甚至不考虑让我活下去。所以,我要做出最后的抵抗,用“干你娘”作为对他们的告别。我还是会死,但我不会让他们好过
剧透 -   :
I have nowhere left to run, nowhere to go that they won’t find me, nor will they ever stop looking for me. I know too much for them to even consider letting me live. So as a farewell “fuck you” to them, I’m gonna make a final stand. I’ll still die, but I won’t make it easy for them.

>哦,看呐。我在演奏世界上最小的小提琴。(校注:此处为俚语,如果某人正在唠叨,"演奏世界上最小的小提琴"相当于嘲讽其嗡嗡声恼人不堪)他妈的雇佣杀手!我说,这对坏垃圾来说是个好解脱。
>Sticks(棍子)
剧透 -   :
> Oh look, I’m playing the world’s tiniest violin. Fuckin’ hired murderer! Good riddance to bad garbage, I say.

>这句话从你这个靠着资助性贩卖者过活的人嘴里吐出来,可真是有趣。
> Netcat(网猫)

剧透 -   :
> That’s rich, coming from a guy who aids sex traffickers for a living.

在过去的几天里,我想了很多除了尸体之外我想留下的东西。你们——也就是暗影之海的用户们——给了我答案。(译注:ShadowSEA,四版SR中西雅图的最大节点,也就是老版本的接入点)
剧透 -   :
In the past few days I’ve thought a lot about what I want to leave behind, besides a body count. You guys—that is, the users of ShadowSEA—gave me the answer.
在我沉潜于暗影之海的岁月里,我见过一卡车的对于刺客的无知妄言。你们当中的某些人认为我们只不过是群反社会的怪物,杀戮只不过是因为我们喜欢,金钱不过是附加的奖励。其他人则认为我们是些将目标看做我们薪水的冷血无情的雇佣兵,仅此而已。比起那些误解更让人不安的,是有志成为刺客,但却相信了这些误解的人。要么是因为他们认为他们是“酷”或“坏透了”,要么是因为他们认为他们必须放弃他们所有的人性才能成功地成为一名刺客。
剧透 -   :
In my years of lurking on ShadowSEA, I’ve seen a truckload of ignorance spouted about assassins. Some of you see us as nothing more than sociopathic monsters, killing because we enjoy it, with the money being just a bonus. Others think we’re remorseless mercenaries who view our targets as our paychecks and nothing else. Even more disturbing than those misconceptions are those aspiring assassins who buy into them, either out of a misguided belief that they’re “cool” or “badass,” or because they believe that they must abandon all of their humanity to succeed as an assassin.
然而,我所看到的最令人沮丧的事情,是那些在不知道如何开始的情况下开始做这项工作的暗影狂奔者。我听过太多关于新手因为无知而被杀的故事,因为没有人教给他们在这一行里生存的基本知识。
剧透 -   :
The most depressing things I see, however, are the shadowrunners who set out to do this job without any knowledge of how to start. I’ve heard way too many stories about novices getting killed because of ignorance, dead because nobody taught them the basics of survival in this line of work.

>成与败。这是你能了解到某人在暗影中有没有价值的唯一方法。军队和条子不会对新手狂奔者怜悯,那我们为什么要这么做呢?
 > Clockwork(发条)
剧透 -   :
> Sink or swim. That’s the only way you know who’s worth a damn in the shadows. The corps and cops don’t have any mercy on novice runners, so why should we?

>也许是因为我们应该比军队和条子更好?如果有更多的人花时间去教新手,你不觉得结果会更好吗?也许我们就可以对该死的超企造成些持久的损害了。
 > Aufheben(扬弃)
剧透 -   :
> Maybe because we’re supposed to be better than the corps and cops? If more people took the time to actually teach novices, don’t you think the result might be more good shadowrunners? Maybe then we could actually do some lasting damage to the damn megacorps.

所以我决定把这个文件留给暗影社区。我希望我能消除那些关于刺客的幻想和神话,同时教导那些想要成为能如何做好这类工作的人。更重要的是,我想证明,成为一名刺客和成为一名有高尚道德的人,并不矛盾。
剧透 -   :
So I’ve decided to leave this file as my legacy to the shadow community. I hope I can dispel the illusions and myths about assassins while teaching those who want to become one how to do the job well. More than anything, I want to show that being an assassin and an honorable man is not a contradiction.
« 上次编辑: 2018-06-16, 周六 13:23:41 由 cmoon »

离线 cmoon

• Chivary
  • 你的沙制的绳索
Re: 【AP】刺客入门 The Assassin’s Primer P1-P15
« 回帖 #2 于: 2018-05-07, 周一 22:12:22 »
谁成了刺客WHO BECOMES  AN ASSASSIN?
就历史学家所知的,首个被称作刺客的是阿萨辛教团的成员,一群哈桑·伊萨巴的狂热信徒,形成于1080年。(译注:阿萨辛派,属于伊斯兰教什叶派的支派伊斯玛仪派(Ismaili)的支系尼查里派(又译尼扎里耶派Nizari)的异端。)伊斯兰教的尼扎里伊斯迈利教派的成员,他们接受了伪装和隐身的训练,默默地杀死他们的目标。他们在他们领袖领导下对十字军东征的双方都进行了打击。
剧透 -   :
As far as historians can tell, the first to be called assassins were the members of Order of Assassins, a band of fanatical devotees to a man named Hassan-i Sabbah that formed in 1080 ACE. Members of the Nizari Ismaili sect of Islam, they were trained in the ways of disguise and stealth, silently slaying their targets. They carried out hits for both sides of the Crusades at the direction of their leader.

> 别忘了“阿萨辛”这个词是从哪儿来的——hashshashin(译注:古阿拉伯语),他们的主人用哈希什(译注:即大麻烟)来让他们看见天堂的景象,并告诉他们只要杀死主人指定的目标,即可到达天堂。
> Slamm-0!
剧透 -   :
> Don’t forget where the word “assassin” comes from— hashshashin, from their use of hashish to give them visions of the paradise that awaited them if they killed who their master told them to.
> *叹气*我本应该猜到那个早就被揭穿了的民间传说马上就会出现。事实上,hashshashin这个词来源于“hashishi”,意思是“弃儿”或“乌合之众”,在12世纪被用来侮辱伊斯兰教尼扎里伊斯迈利教派的追随者。几个世纪后,中世纪的西方历史学家把伊斯迈利教徒描绘成狂热的杀手,几个世纪后,一些想象力丰富的西方历史学家将“哈希什”这个词与大麻哈希什联系在一起。因此,“药物成瘾的契约杀手”的故事诞生了。哈桑的确是一名伊斯迈利教徒,这是真的,但除此之外,它仅仅只是个幻想故事。
> Glitch(失灵)
剧透 -   :
> *Sigh* I should have guessed that long-debunked piece of folklore would come up pretty quick. The truth is that the word hashshashin was derived from the word hashishi, which meant “outcast” or “rabble” and was used as an insult against followers of the Nizari Ismaili sect of Islam in the 12th century. Medieval Western historians a few centuries later painted the Ismailis as fanatical killers, and centuries after that some overimaginative Western historians connected the word hashishi with the drug hashish. Thus, the “drug-addled contract killers” story was born. Hassan-i Sabbah was an Ismaili, true, but other than that it’s just fanciful storytelling.

千年来,事物未曾改变。这份工作的本质跟以前一样:在不引起注意,不让保安警觉,不被识别,不留下任何可以溯及到你和你的雇主的线索的情况下杀死目标。这意味着欺瞒和隐匿仍是这个职业的基石。你不可能通过一声战吼和用机枪扫射你目标所在的房间来完成一次刺杀。
剧透 -   :
Flash forward about a thousand years, and things haven’t changed much. The job, at its heart, is the same that it’s always been: killing a target without attracting attention, alerting guards, being identified, or leaving any clues that could trace the hit back to you or your employer. This means that deception and stealth are still the cornerstones of the profession. You’re not going to make it as an assassin by yelling a war cry and spraying the room your target’s in with machine gun fire.

>这并不是说一些弱智蔓城区帮匪不会尝试这种方法。他们自称“刺客”,尽管他们所作的计划就是带来十倍于他们真正需要数目的子弹。当中的一些蠢蛋甚至成功在荒地干出了名头,但接着他们试图在Z区(译注:基本上指的是那些没有安保的地区)之外刺杀目标,他们很快就被目标做掉或是被对回应他们造成的骚乱的条子给杀了。当走到这一步时,成为一名刺客不仅仅要求能不能杀人,要知道如何能在不被注意到的情况下杀人和如何接近目标,使得刺杀成为可能。
剧透 -   :
> Not that some bone-headed sprawl gangers don’t try this method. They call themselves “assassins” despite the fact that the only planning they’ve done for the hit is bringing ten times the bullets they’ll really need. Some of these morons even manage to make a name for themselves in the Barrens, but the second they try to hit a target outside of a Z-zone, they get geeked by the target or killed by the cop responding to the disturbance they caused. When it comes right down to it, being an assassin isn’t just a matter of being able to kill; it’s knowing how to kill without being noticed and how to reach the target in order to make the hit possible.
> Balladeer

当然,并非一切都和十字军东征时一样。 一些刺客仍在为大型组织工作,比如阿兹特科技的奥拓宁勇士,(校注:Otonin是个阿兹特克军事词汇,意为“俘虏五人以上的精锐士兵”),被极道雇佣的忍者和海豹六队(看见列表最后一个很惊讶吗?你觉得他们是做什么的——破门而入,然后告诉坏人他们做错了?)然而,许多其他的刺客都是独立派,他们都在为自己的目标奋斗,或者仅仅只是为了谋生。
剧透 -   :
Of course, not everything is the same as it was back in the Crusades Era. Some assassins still work for large organizations such as Aztechnology’s otonin warriors, the ninja employed by the yakuza, and SEAL Team Six (surprised to see that last one on the list? What do you think they do—bust in and explain to the bad guys the error of their ways?). However, many other assassins are independents working toward their own goals or simply trying to make a living.
每一个刺客都有从事这个职业的理由,但从我多年来的经验来看,他们可以分为几个大类(译注:到底有哪几大类呢,明天再放):
剧透 -   :
Every assassin has their own reasons for taking up the profession, but from what I’ve seen over the years, they can be divided into a few broad categories:
« 上次编辑: 2018-11-01, 周四 10:56:18 由 cmoon »

离线 cmoon

• Chivary
  • 你的沙制的绳索
« 回帖 #3 于: 2018-05-14, 周一 13:31:25 »
绝望者THE DESPERATE
这类刺客是因为他们没有其他符合市场需求的技能,并且需要用任何方式来谋生才从事这些工作。这并不是对他们能力或专业水平的批评。我曾和一些因为自己运气不好,出生在雷德蒙德荒地并且只知道如何杀人才开始做这类工作的技艺高超的职业刺客们合作过。
剧透 -   :
These are the assassins who go into the job because they have no other marketable skills and need to make a living any way they can. This isn’t a criticism of their ability or professionalism. I’ve worked with quite a few highly skilled, professional assassins who started doing the job because they had the bad luck to be born in the Redmond Barrens and knew nothing else besides killing.
不幸的是,虽然这些刺客可以变得专业而富有经验,但太多的人变成了我上面提到的“战吼与疯狂炮火”型。当地社区中心可没有确切的官方导师计划可供他们报名,但这类指导却是让那些有抱负的刺客变得专业所需要的。幸运的家伙会在街头找到可以教会他们一些东西然后就又继续前行的导师。而那些不幸的家伙一般很快就会死掉。
剧透 -   :
Unfortunately, while these assassins can become professional and experienced, far too many become the “war cry and wild gunfire” types I mentioned above. There isn’t exactly an official mentorship program they can sign up for at the local community center, but that sort of instruction is usually what’s needed for aspiring assassins to become professionals. The lucky ones find a mentor on the streets who can actually teach them something and move on up as a result. The unlucky ones usually end up dead pretty quick.

>那那些自学成才的专家们呢?你知道的,那些从街头一路走到第一流的家伙们,除了一把枪和他们的智慧之外什么都没有。暗影狂奔者们总是这么干的——看看我就知道了。刺客们为什么不能呢?
> /dev/grrl
剧透 -   :
> What about the self-taught experts? You know, the ones that worked their way up from the streets all the way to the big time with nothing but a gun and their wits? Shadowrunners do that all the time—just look at me. Why not assassins?

>暂且不管你是否证明了自己是个暗影狂奔者,孩子…我想说最大的不同是,刺客的学习曲线可比暗影狂奔者要陡峭多了。当然了,从街头走出的这两个职业的专业人士都很专业,但我必须要说,更多的人死于试图成为专业刺客而不是专业暗影狂奔者。暗影狂奔的工作可以有很多。偷东西,抓人,破坏——公司的守卫也许不会立刻用致命武力来对抗。作为刺客,工作总是和杀人有关。这意味着目标和守卫总是会用致命的武力来对抗。
至于逃跑和活着以择日再战方面,你可以在刺杀失败的时候这么做,但可能需要你活下来一段时间之后才能继续。在像荒区这类地方的刺杀需要一定程度的技巧,这种级别的失败可会让你的能力看起来很不光彩。。暗影狂奔者们可以从失败的狂奔中恢复过来,因为他们通常在团队中工作。如果一个狂奔者在他的狂奔记录中表现不佳,更有经验的团队可以弥补他的弱点,只要他不搞砸的话,那么他应该能恢复他的名声。刺客们一般没有这样的选择,因为他们总是独自工作。
 > Balladeer
剧透 -   :
> Ignoring for the moment that it’s arguable whether you’ve proven yourself as a shadowrunner, kid … I’d say the big difference is that the learning curve is much steeper as an assassin than it is for a shadowrunner. Sure, professionals come up from the streets in both professions, but I’d say a lot more people die making the climb to becoming a professional assassin than a professional shadowrunner. With shadowrunning the job can be a lot of things; stealing something, extracting someone, sabotage—jobs that corporate guards might not immediately react to with deadly force when guarding against. As an assassin, the job is always going to involve killing someone. This means the target and those guarding him will almost always react with deadly force.
As for running away and living to fight another day, you can do that if an assassination job goes wrong, but it might be a while before you live that down. Assassination jobs outside of places like the Barrens require a certain level of skill, and a failure of that magnitude doesn’t reflect well on one’s aptitude. Shadowrunners can come back from a botched run easier because they usually work in teams. If a runner with a bad job on his record runs with a more experienced team that can cover for his weaknesses, he can usually recover his rep as long as he doesn’t majorly screw up. Assassins usually don’t have that option, since they typically work alone.
« 上次编辑: 2018-06-03, 周日 20:41:23 由 cmoon »

离线 cmoon

• Chivary
  • 你的沙制的绳索
« 回帖 #4 于: 2018-05-15, 周二 22:09:54 »
疯子THE PSYCHOS 
好的,让我们谈谈房间里的大象(校注:房间里的大象,指所有人都不愿意谈论的事物)。有不少因为自己喜欢杀人才干这一行当的疯子刺客。其他他们从中得到的,无论是金钱还是街头声誉,都是次要的驱使他们结束杀人的动力。我很确定自己不会去对这些家伙进行深入的精神分析——我可不想在自己的最后几小时里让一个深渊狠狠盯着我(校注:此处是尼采名言:当你凝视深渊之时,深渊也在凝视着你)。但我会把我知道的都分享出来,以免你在屁股后面就找到一个。
剧透 -   :
Okay, let’s address the elephant in the room. There are psycho assassins who get into the job because they love to kill. Everything else they get out of it, whether it’s the money or the street cred, is secondary to the power trip they get from ending another person’s life. I’m sure as hell not going to provide an in-depth psychoanalysis of these guys—I don’t want that particular Abyss staring back into me in my final hours. However, I will share what I know of them in case you find one of them on your ass.
对这些人来说,这就是作为死亡贩子的快感(译注:死亡贩子是弗兰克·弗雷泽1973年的一幅奇幻画作,画中是一位骑士,由此衍生出了不少漫画作品和一个DND模组,催化剂真的是能玩梗)。掌握生死的力量比BTL所能提供的瘾头更强,谁不想靠自己喜欢的职业谋生呢。这取决于他们脑子里到底出了什么问题,也许是快速杀戮给了他快感,也许是在干活前他们会玩弄他们的猎物。另一方面,他们可能会通过杀死目标的家人、朋友、商业伙伴、偶然相识的熟人和以前的室友来刺激他们的病态欲望,然后再转到实际的目标头上。
剧透 -   :
With these guys, it’s all about the thrill of being a death dealer. Holding the power of life and death in their hands is an addiction stronger than any BTL can offer, and who doesn’t want to make a living doing what they love? Depending on what specifically is going wrong in their brain case, it might be the quick kill that gives them the most pleasure, or they might get a kick out of toying with their prey before moving in. On the other hand, they might whet their sick appetites by killing the target’s family, friends, business associates, casual acquaintances, and former roommates before moving on to the actual mark.
事实上,这些家伙的伤害有不少形式,但很重要的是不要忽略这些刺客的习惯。知道什么让这些变态肾上腺素激增能给让你有点优势。举个例子,了解到想杀你的人会从先挑他目标的朋友和家人下手能给你个警告,让你的的家人逃离险境,或能让帮你知道他的下一步在哪。如果你能把这个疯子送上西天,不要心慈手软。因为他肯定不会。
剧透 -   :
Really, there are a lot of forms that these guys’ damage might take, but it’s extremely important not to discount these assassins’ habits. Knowing what gives these wackjobs an adrenaline rush can give you an advantage. For example, knowing that the person trying to kill you picks off his targets’ friends and family first can give you the forewarning you need to get your loved ones out of harm’s way, or it might help you predict where he’ll strike next. And if you get the chance to take the psycho out, show no mercy. Because he sure won’t.

>如果这些家伙里有人紧紧跟着你,那么认识了解人类行为的人是值当的。我不单指心理学家, 美国联邦调查局和其他执法机构和军队的整个分析部门都能根据他们留下的线索和采取的行动分析罪犯的行为。和他们合作,他们的心理学知识能给你能拯救你生活和你朋友的优势。
> The Smiling Bandit
剧透 -   :
> If you have one of these guys on your tail, it really pays to know somebody who works with human behavior. I don’t just mean a psychologist either; the UCAS FBI and other law-enforcement agencies and corps have entire departments of analysts that do nothing but analyze criminals’ behavior based on the clues they leave behind and the actions they take. Having an in with them and their knowledge of psychology can give you the edge you need to save your life or those of your friends.
« 上次编辑: 2018-06-03, 周日 20:43:22 由 cmoon »

离线 cmoon

• Chivary
  • 你的沙制的绳索
« 回帖 #5 于: 2018-05-15, 周二 23:37:12 »
理想主义者THE IDEALIST
终于,我们到了理想主义者这一块——那些真正相信某些事业的人,相信杀戮是实现这一事业成功的唯一途径。当然了,这个描述包括了从宗教狂信徒杀害非信徒到士兵杀死他们国家的敌人的一切。
剧透 -   :
Finally, we come to the idealists—those who truly believe in a cause, and believe that killing is the only way to bring about that cause’s success. Of course, that description covers just about everything from religious fanatics killing unbelievers to legitimate soldiers killing their nation’s enemies.
对于这些刺客来说,最需要刻在脑海里的是,理由对他们来说是最重要的,并且他们会不惜代价来完成任务。试图贿赂他们是行不通的,拿自己的团队成员做挡箭牌也行不通。后者尤其是个坏选择:这么做了,你会同时被刺客盯上,还会让队友气得想把你扔到大巴底下去。
剧透 -   :
With these assassins, the biggest thing to keep in mind is that the cause is all that matters to them, and they will often stop at nothing to complete the job. Trying to bribe them won’t work, nor will using other team members as human shields. Especially using teammates as human shields. Do that, and you’ll have both an assassin targeting you and pissed off teammates ready to throw you under the bus.
不要认为所有的理想主义刺客都像超级英雄一样为正义而战。是,他们当中有些这样的,但其他的对他们的事业可没什么禁忌。有没有看过一个认为杀死你是上帝赋予的神圣使命的家伙的眼睛?我见过,并且这不是我想重复一次的经历。也不是你想有的经历。
剧透 -   :
Don’t go thinking that all idealist assassins are fighters for justice like some comic book superhero. Yeah, there are some of those, but there are others who have no limits to the lengths they’ll go for their cause. Ever looked into the eyes of a man who thinks killing you is a sacred mission from God? I have, and it’s not an experience I care to repeat. Nor is it an experience you want to have

>好的,杀手,向我们摊牌吧:你是哪类的?
> Kane
剧透 -   :
>  Okay hitman, cards on the table here. Which of these categories do you fall into?

>我知道会有人来问这个问题。我会叫自己为没精神病的理想主义者。要明白个中缘由,你得了解我的人生。
我出生在希腊的一个贫困家庭里,过着像大多数无SIN者们可能会很熟悉的那种日子;失业的父母,偷食物来养家糊口,最烂的教育,就是我的一切。日子在我十多岁的时候变得更糟了,当时真主联盟在2034年席卷了整个国家。我家人就在那些狂信入侵者杀害的四分之一希腊人之中。(B朋友注:一个激进派原教旨主义伊斯兰教国家联盟,组织了第二次欧洲战争)
孤独、贫穷和对世界的怒火让我的日子变得比以前更烂了,我通过做我这辈子一直在做的事情活了下来。然而几年之后,我看到了一个关于穆拉·赛伊德·贾兹拉被刺杀的新闻报道。贾兹拉是真主联盟的首领,在他死后,宗教变态联盟便于裂缝处四分五裂。杀死我家人的那些王八蛋被一个男人的死彻底毁了。
那时候我才意识到个人的力量足以改变世界。通过杀死一个人,无论是谁杀了穆拉·贾兹拉,他救了许多如果第二次奥斯曼圣战继续就会消逝的生命。那是我家人死去之后的第一缕希望,并且我用双手抓住了他。我决心通过做那人所做的事情来改变世界;消灭那些想发动像第二次奥斯曼圣战这类无意义战争的家伙,并且确保像我这样遭受痛苦的人变得少些。
从那以后,我的职业生涯就开始了,猎杀那些领导别人杀死他们的同胞的人,比如宗教狂热分子和企业战争的奸商们,或是其他的需要因他们令人发指的罪行而死的家伙。
> Quietus
剧透 -   :
> I had a feeling someone was going to ask that question. I would call myself an idealist of the non-psychotic variety. To understand why, you need to understand my life.
I was born to a poor family in Greece, living the sort of life that most of the SINless people are probably familiar with; unemployed parents, stealing food to feed my family, piss-poor education at best, everything. Life got even worse in my teenage years when the Alliance for Allah swept into the country in 2034. My entire family was among the quarter of Greece’s population killed by the invading fanatics.
Alone, poor, and pissed off at the world for making my life suck even worse than it had before, I survived by doing the same thieving I’d done all my life. A few years later, however, I saw a news story about Mullah Sayid Jazrir’s assassination. Jazrir was the head of the Alliance for Allah, and with his death that coalition of religious wackjobs flew apart at the seams. The bastards that killed my family had been completely undone by the death of a single man.
That was when I realized the power of individuals to change the world. By killing one man, whoever assassinated Mullah Jazrir saved many lives that could have been lost had the Second Ottoman Jihad continued. It was the first bit of hope I’d had since my family died, and I seized it with both hands. I was determined to make a difference in the world by doing what that man did; eliminating the sort of people who started senseless wars like the Second Ottoman Jihad, and ensuring that there would be fewer people who suffered like I did as a result.
Since then, I’ve made a career out of hunting those who lead others to kill their fellow man, like religious fanatics and corporate war profiteers, or people who otherwise simply need to die because of the heinous natures of their crimes.

>天哪,如此能夸大其词,你可真是个戏精。都看见没?这才叫狂妄自大!(译注:精灵真的坏)
> /dev/grrl
剧透 -   :
> Geez, lay it on a bit thicker, Melodrama Man. And talk about delusions of grandeur!

> 让他休息下,孩子。超级英雄式的“拯救世界”的鬼话和假惺惺的观点都让我气的冒烟,但他的核心思想是正确的:走出去,让这个世界,或者仅仅是一小部分的世界,被你用你纯粹的意志力来变成你喜欢的东西。你以为我是怎么走到今天的位置的?
 > Kane
剧透 -   :
> Give the guy a break, kid. The superhero-esque “saving the world” crap and the bleeding-heart viewpoint annoy the shit out of me too, but he’s got the right idea at the core: get out there and make the world, or at least a little part of it, into something more to your liking through sheer force of will. How do you think I got to where I am today?

>通过掠夺、偷窃和谋杀?
> Aufheben
剧透 -   :
> By pillaging, thieving, and murdering?

>完全正确。这是我在世界上行使我意志的方法,就和寂灭成了一名刺客一样。我们有不同的方法和不同的结果,但我们的核心目标是相同的。
 > Kane
剧透 -   :
> Exactly. That’s my method of exercising my will on the world, just as Quietus’ was becoming an assassin. We have different methods and different outcomes we’re working towards, but the same goal at the core.
> > 那,Quietus,你是怎么开始你的刺客事业的?上了硬汉学校还是有正式的导师?(译注:硬汉学校就是街头啦)
> Hard Exit
剧透 -   :
> So how did you get your start in the assassin business, Quietus? School of hard knocks or formal mentorship?

>导师。我很幸运地和一名雅典的严肃地教导学徒如何在这行当谋生的职业刺客取得了联系。他自己也算是个理想主义者。他是个怪人,自称是斯巴达国王列奥尼达的后裔,他说为了正义而斗争是他的“血之命运”,但他给我的建议让我活了几十年,如果没有他给我的知识,我永远也到不了这一步。
> Quietus
剧透 -   :
> Mentorship. I was lucky enough to make contact with a professional assassin in Athens that was serious about teaching an apprentice how to make a living in this line of work. He was also quite the idealist himself. He was a little wacky, claiming to be descended from the Spartan King Leonidas and saying that fighting for justice as an assassin was his “blood destiny” as a result, but the advice he gave has kept me alive for several decades now, and I never would have made it this far without the knowledge he gave me.

> 难道在我们这个世界上没有有足够的人根据他们的个人道德来判断谁该生该死吗?事实上,不正是这种人杀死了寂灭的父母,把他带到了今天这地步?(译注:敢说寂灭小天使跟那些臭鱼烂虾一样,七七七)
 > Kay St. Irregular
剧透 -   :
> Don’t we have enough people in the world making judgment calls of who lives and dies based on their personal morality? As a matter of fact, aren’t those exactly the sort of people that killed Quietus’ parents and led him to where he is today?

> 相信我,Irregular,这一点有多讽刺,我自己很清楚。
> Quietus
剧透 -   :
> Believe me, Irregular, the irony of that is not lost on me.
« 上次编辑: 2019-03-10, 周日 22:33:15 由 cmoon »