作者 主题: 翻译占坑:ICONOCLASTS 碎神者(update:准备翻译整个模组)  (阅读 9422 次)

副标题:

离线 Ophidia

• Hero
  • 帖子数: 907
  • 苹果币: 1
  • CAPUT GERAT LUPINUM
剧透 -   :
The physical destruction of cultural artifacts has always been key to ethnic cleansing. If you destroy the other tribe’s
temples and dig up their graves, tossing their ancestors’ bones into the nearest river, what evidence is there that this
was their land? How can your grandparents be guilty of genocide against a people who were never really here? Orwell got it right in 1984: “Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.”
ISIL’s assault on the relics of Iraq’s and Syria’s past was more than the performative piety of grooming standards
and suicide bombings. This was about creating a kind of “Year Zero” where nothing existed before their Califate.
Those to come under its yoke wouldn’t be able to imagine a time before their theocratic police-state ruled all. By the
time they were done, who could say if there had ever been Shiites or Yazidis in the first place?
Watching the moronic glee with which the soldiers of ISIL destroyed Iraq’s and Syria’s irreplaceable cultural
heritage left me sick with rage. I brooded over childish revenge fantasies. I wished those brutes would crack open
some cursed artifact, unleashing a nightmare to scour the dumb smiles off their faces, leaving only a naked rictus of
bloody teeth and staring eyeballs, unable to close out the horror of what they had done. It left me incapable of imagining proportional justice. What I wanted was punishment so vile that I would lose the moral high ground.
That, of course, was never going to happen. There would be no cathartic end like the wrath of God consuming
the Nazis in Raiders of the Lost Ark. But to paraphrase John Milius and H.P. Lovecraft: I may not be a sorcerer, but
give me a word processor and I can harness the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness.

Good luck, Agents.

Adam Scott Glancy
19 APR 2022
对文物的毁坏永远都是种族清洗必不可少的一部分。如果你摧毁了另一个部族的神殿,刨开了他们的祖坟,将他们祖宗的骨灰扬进最近的河里,这里作为他们土地的证据何在?你的祖父怎么可能背负灭绝一群从来没有存在于那里的人的罪名呢?奥威尔在《1984》里说得对:“谁控制过去就控制未来;谁控制现在就控制过去。”
ISIL对伊拉克和叙利亚历史遗物的攻击不仅局限在着装标准和自杀式爆炸等形式性的虔诚。这些行为旨在创造一种“元年”,让一切在他们的哈里发国存在之前都不存在。负着他们枷锁的人将无法想象他们的神权警察社会统治一切之前的时代。若他们达成了目标,谁能说起初真的有过什叶派或雅兹迪人?
看着ISIL的士兵带着愚蠢的喜悦摧毁伊拉克和叙利亚无可置换的文化遗产的我气愤填膺,沉迷于各种幼稚的复仇幻想。我希望那些畜生会打碎一个受诅咒的宝物,并释放出一场能够抹去他们脸上傻逼笑容的噩梦,让他们只留下血淋淋牙齿和死气沉沉眼睛的僵笑,并无法逃避自己所做所为带来的恐怖结果。它让我无法想象他们应得的正义。我想要的是一场恶劣到让我失去道德高点的惩罚。
这,当然,永远不可能发生。夺宝奇兵里上帝的愤怒吞噬纳粹这种释然的结局不会发生。但我想改编一下约翰·米利厄斯和H.P.洛夫克拉夫特的话:我并非魔法师,但给我个文字处理器,我就能驾驭在世界之间穿梭的阴影,来播下死亡和疯狂的种子。

祝你们好运,特工们。

Adam Scott Glancy
19 APR 2022

模组名为iconoclast 我非常想叫它偶像爆破()
以上是模组的前言。模组总共有102页,是有关ISIS战士不小心释放了古老的邪恶存在,需要program的老哥去处理的故事。整个模组设定在伊拉克,并有原创的非自然存在—战争之父(卧槽太带感了)。
因为模组写作风格较拗口,专业信息较多需要研究,进度不会太快。若大家想要帮忙的话,可以联系我QQ1634451837。
« 上次编辑: 2022-05-10, 周二 15:24:14 由 Ophidia »
Into this house we are born, into this world we are thrown.
I am a good Hegelian. If you have a good theory, forget about the reality.
Men must not cut down trees. There is a God. Change the world. No one kills from hatred.

bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk!

O mother of flames,
       You who have kept the fire burning!
       Lo, I am helpless!
Would God they had taken me with them!

离线 Ophidia

• Hero
  • CAPUT GERAT LUPINUM
update:读完了模组
剧透 -   :
又tm是奈亚背锅 奈亚怎么天天搞这些
Men must not cut down trees. There is a God. Change the world. No one kills from hatred.

bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk!

O mother of flames,
       Lo, I am helpless!

离线 Samil

• Peasant
  • 帖子数: 1
  • 苹果币: 0
update:读完了模组
剧透 -   :
又tm是奈亚背锅 奈亚怎么天天搞这些
是那个刀之父的化身吗?好期待啊

离线 Ophidia

• Hero
  • CAPUT GERAT LUPINUM
正式定名为:碎神者
背景部分已经翻译完毕,其他部分正在快速进行 请大家期待

O mother of flames,
       Lo, I am helpless!

离线 Ophidia

• Hero
  • CAPUT GERAT LUPINUM
更新:
背景部分一校完成 第三章一校进行中 其余章节翻译稳步进行中

O mother of flames,
       Lo, I am helpless!

离线 Ophidia

• Hero
  • CAPUT GERAT LUPINUM
更新:
第一第二章翻译完毕等待校对,第三章二校完成 第四章和附录翻译进行中

诚招校对 需要熟悉DG译文的 可以私信我

O mother of flames,
       Lo, I am helpless!