作者 主题: 求教一个版权的问题- -  (阅读 585 次)

副标题:

离线 ewordghost

• Peasant
  • 帖子数: 4
  • 苹果币: 0
求教一个版权的问题- -
« 于: 2019-03-21, 周四 21:14:21 »
我们乐队都是跑团众(3R),想起一个带D&D元素的乐队名以及在歌词和歌名里带上D&D里的内容,请问有什么禁忌吗?比如乐队名如果拿一本3R拓展的书名来用,会侵犯版权吗?另外歌词里出现眼魔夺心魔锈蚀怪啥的,会侵犯版权吗?乐队名、歌名和歌词都是英文的

离线 Leaf

• 新人
  • 帖子数: 12875
  • 苹果币: -8
Re: 求教一个版权的问题- -
« 回帖 #1 于: 2019-03-21, 周四 22:03:32 »
眼魔夺心魔我记得是版权生物。。。
1.这些事都有合理解释,但出于安全考虑,不能公开。
2.由于降低了预算,监管力量削弱才有了这一疏忽。
3.该实验值得一做,并已经停止,得到了大量珍贵数据。还提供了就业。
4.有些重要信息,尘埃落定以后我们才能得知。下不为例。
5.由个人决策失误引起,已根据内部纪律条例予以处理。

离线 ewordghost

• Peasant
« 回帖 #2 于: 2019-03-21, 周四 22:05:29 »
眼魔夺心魔我记得是版权生物。。。
是的,这些版权生物如果不能用我认了,那(仅举例而言)我可以直接拿Libris Mortis当乐队名吗?

离线 Leaf

• 新人
  • 帖子数: 12875
  • 苹果币: -8
« 回帖 #3 于: 2019-03-21, 周四 22:54:21 »
眼魔夺心魔我记得是版权生物。。。
是的,这些版权生物如果不能用我认了,那(仅举例而言)我可以直接拿Libris Mortis当乐队名吗?

建议找 Mounrou或者其他在北美的?
1.这些事都有合理解释,但出于安全考虑,不能公开。
2.由于降低了预算,监管力量削弱才有了这一疏忽。
3.该实验值得一做,并已经停止,得到了大量珍贵数据。还提供了就业。
4.有些重要信息,尘埃落定以后我们才能得知。下不为例。
5.由个人决策失误引起,已根据内部纪律条例予以处理。

离线 Ophidia

• Guard
  • 帖子数: 105
« 回帖 #4 于: 2019-03-22, 周五 01:34:17 »
你可以看一下老威的OGL,里面应该有你想要的东西
http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/SRD-OGL_V5.1.pdf

还有,大部分情况下名字比如魔邓肯什么的都是不可以的,还有一些怪物是有版权的 其他比如规则等等都可以

而且鉴于中古战锤也有liber mortis这个玩意 我觉得libris mortis这名字没啥关系
« 上次编辑: 2019-03-22, 周五 01:38:51 由 Ophidia »
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
I am a good Hegelian. If you have a good theory, forget about the reality.
Men must not cut down trees. There is a God. Change the world. No one kills from hatred.

bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk!

O mother of flames,
       You who have kept the fire burning!
       Lo, I am helpless!
Would God they had taken me with them!

离线 Mounrou

• Knight
  • 帖子数: 398
« 回帖 #5 于: 2019-03-23, 周六 11:19:43 »
Not a lawyer. Anyhowwwwww...

Libris Mortis = (EN) Book of the dead.
Note that does not translate into "Book of Undead" as per the 5e book.

So:

>US Copyright laws on names:
The Copyright Act states that names, titles, short phrases and expressions cannot be registered in the U.S. Copyright Office.

>Trademark laws on names:
1) Trademarks are registered to protect the goodwill of companies and individuals selling their goods and services, and to help people properly identify the source of goods or services.
2) For a person's name to be trademarked, it must already be distinctive in the eyes of the public, so that when people hear the name they think of the goods or services offered by that person.

So if WotC wants to sue you, well...
Part 1) They can always choose to throw you a Cease & Desist, if they bothered to that is, and in many case people immediately cave in when they get one, EVEN THOUGH the C&D in question might not have a leg to stand on.
Part 2) If you don't just roll over though, in that case it is WotC's responsibility to PROVE that what you did a) Infringe upon their rights and/or b) Bring harms on their brandname. - In both cases, they must FIRST provide proof that the term "Libris Mortis" is uniquely theirs, that they would be the very first thing everybody think of when you mention it.

So,
Calling yourselves "Libris Mortis" is likely okay from WotC, since it is a bunch of words without brand significance.
Calling yourselves "Libris Mortis: The Book of Undead" though... You might get a C&D if you ever get big enough.
Calling yourselves "Libris Mortis" and refers to yourselves as being heavily influenced by D&D... That miiiiiiight be cutting it close? Though I am not completely sure there. (Again, NOT a lawyer.)

On the other hand, a more specific google search re: +"libris mortis" +band, there are a few other hits:
One music track
One band
One novel

It can be seen as proof that shows that the word "libris mortis" by itself isn't completely unique enough? Maybe?

As for having another band with the same name, well, they have to be able to make the same claim that they have some form of "brand significance" that, seeing they only have 1 song... Even if they ever bothered,  or even have enough $$$, to hire a lawyer, they likely cannot hold claim to another continent.

So, I would say "go for it".

They can certainly sue you, but "suing" and "making a case" are two different things altogether. (Just see how Hollywood is misusing C&D on online video sites like Youtube & stuffs... )
That's also based on whether they would be bothered enough to sue too.

(AGAIN & AGAIN, NOT A LAWYER. Can't make any guarantee.)

If you actually get to a point though, by then you'd need to find a lawyer for various stuffs anyhow. If you're just starting out maybe its not something to worry about... Dunno?

================================================

As for other words, Google is your friend. General guideline:
Orc okay,
Goblins alright,
Kobold fine,
Magic Missile depends,
Beholder nope,
Chromatic Dragons nada,
Elminster f__k I think someone's actually been sued before?

Anything that had appeared in at least 3 different & unrelated brands were probably safe.

(Eg. Frost Giants. Skyrim, D&D, Marvel. No problemo!  :em008
Fire Dragons. It's actually harder to find something that didn't have one.
Calling your Fire Dragon a "Chromatic Dragon" would be against D&D copyright since only D&D use the term.)

Also look at other bands who also claim D&D influence. - There are at least a handful I've heard mentioned before. Never followed that though. - Go check out their stuffs to see how they deal with the issue.
« 上次编辑: 2019-03-23, 周六 11:36:00 由 Mounrou »
I just can't grasp Chinese Input, so I can only handwrite.
It takes me about 10 times as much to write Chinese on the PC than English, plus the finger pains... >3<

So unless it's VERY important, I'll just do English.

Give me a holler if you can't do English though and I'll try to accommodate. -w-b
(Except Grammar Nazis cause, you know, THEY'RE RELATED TO NAZIS!!! And pretty impolite to boot too. =_+\ )
FB Prototyping Area

离线 ewordghost

• Peasant
« 回帖 #6 于: 2019-03-30, 周六 15:07:46 »
你可以看一下老威的OGL,里面应该有你想要的东西

还有,大部分情况下名字比如魔邓肯什么的都是不可以的,还有一些怪物是有版权的 其他比如规则等等都可以

而且鉴于中古战锤也有liber mortis这个玩意 我觉得libris mortis这名字没啥关系

感谢- -这里面说得很详细,不过我在Metal Archives上搜出好几个乐队名取自被注册的商标23333,可能连告都懒得告吧

离线 ewordghost

• Peasant
« 回帖 #7 于: 2019-03-30, 周六 15:10:47 »
Not a lawyer. Anyhowwwwww...

Also look at other bands who also claim D&D influence. - There are at least a handful I've heard mentioned before. Never followed that though. - Go check out their stuffs to see how they deal with the issue.

Thank you that's very helpful, we've also been thinking Necromental but it sounds silly in Chinese tho