• 帖子数: 932
  • 苹果币: 0
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
Re: 【谜之私译坑】少年Gi的奇幻漂流
« 回帖 #30 于: 2013-07-26, 周五 23:44:28 »
洁妮塔女士日记

23sc,收获之月(Reapember,九月-译注)12日——

今天,吉尔赛那斯又来找我。(我总算习惯直呼他的名字,而不是用“阁下”或其他的正式称呼了。)他和米格尔制定了一个计划,为此他相当振奋。回想起来,要不是有我在,他们永远拿不出这个解决方案。

吉尔赛那斯第一次来访的时候,我几乎被与他独处的事实震呆了。身为一名普通制图师的女儿,可不是每天都能有机会和传奇人物私下交流的呀。直到他解释说是为我家人的职业而来,我才冷静下来,开始享受与他相处的时光。

要说在一间逼仄的小店里长大还有什么好处的话,那就是让我有能力帮助吉尔赛那斯。

一开始,他就问了我许多边远地区的情况,例如圣奎斯特岛,帕兰萨斯周边的山丘,甚至传说中的巨龙列岛。我起初觉得他感兴趣的地点杂乱无章,毫无头绪,但我渐渐恍然大悟——所有这些地区都有山峰,而这些山峰都是已知的银龙聚居地。我进一步揣测,他必定是在寻找他的前任副手(同时也是他的情妇,如果宫廷流言可信的话),西悠瓦拉。尽管她大部分时间总是以野精灵的形象露面,但每当蓝龙大军试图夺回这座城市时,她就会恢复她的自然形体——一条银龙。战争结束后不久,艺术家公会(Artist's Guild)用一幅壮丽的镶嵌画装饰了他们的大厅,画面上吉尔赛那斯正乘在西悠瓦拉背上奔赴战场。

尽管我并不愿意窥探他的隐私,但当我终于开口询问那愈来愈清晰的真相后,吉尔赛那斯还是执意向我讲述了他与西悠瓦拉分手的经过。此刻回想起来,泪水又一次模糊了我的眼睛。为何我们只有在审视回忆时,才能分辨出生命中那些重要的瞬间?吉尔赛那斯的心碎永无修复之日,除非找到西悠瓦拉——可是,他却只能凭借那点朦胧的线索去追寻。

我们一共锁定了十二处西悠瓦拉可能前往的地点。它们分散在整个大陆与海外。显然,吉尔赛那斯造访所有这些地点需要数年时间,而与此同时,西悠瓦拉或许已经随兴所至地去了另一个地方——甚至可能横跨最宽广的海洋。看起来这似乎毫无指望。

一天深夜,我再也无法忍受这种悲哀。我流着苦涩的泪水,去找唯一可能给我慰藉的人,米格尔。令我惊讶的是,他竟然安慰了我,并且认真地聆听着我的倾诉。

在我说完之后,他并没有责备我是个情绪化的傻瓜,而是紧紧地抱着我,抚慰我。他的手掌抚摸着我的头。“一切都会好的,”他承诺道。而且,事情似乎正如他所说的那样。

第二天,米格尔和吉尔赛那斯谈了谈。他说服吉尔赛那斯,这样的追寻需要花费毕生的时光(哪怕是对精灵而言),并仍可能徒劳无功。作为替代方案,我丈夫主动提出代吉尔赛那斯向雷切纳领主请命。卡拉曼正处在和平之中。领主无疑可以匀出他麾下六名最快的骑手,奔驰四方,搜寻西悠瓦拉小姐的消息。他们在一年内就能走遍整个大陆,倘若他们的努力依然无果,更多的骑手将立即出发,遍寻另外六条路线。一旦他们成功,吉尔赛那斯就可以清楚地知道应当前往何处,而不是在无益的旅程中虚耗数载光阴。

他说服雷切纳领主支持这个计划的那天,我为我的丈夫感到前所未有地骄傲。

而听到这个消息的吉尔赛那斯是我见过的最快乐的人。

在过去的几周里,吉尔赛那斯和我每天都在摆弄着我祖父的那些地图,圈定六条骑手们行进的最佳路线。我相信,我们即将成功。

帕拉丁,假如您还听得见我们的祈祷,我求求您祝福我们的努力,赐下您能给的一切佑护。

我遇见过的所有人之中,没有谁比吉尔赛那斯更有资格获得幸福。

劇透 -   :
Lady Jennetta's Diary
12 Reapember 23sc—Gilthanas sought me out again today. (I have finally grown used to referring to him 
by name rather than "Your Grace" or some other formal title.) He is quite exhilarated by the plans he and Migel 
have drawn up. And to think, they never would have arrived at this solution were it not for me.
When Gilthanas first came to me, I was almost overawed by being alone with him. After all, it is not every 
day that a simple cartographer's daughter gets a private audience with a man of legend. It was only when he 
explained that he came to me because of my family's occupation that I calmed enough to enjoy his company. 
If any good came from growing up in that cramped shop, being able to aid Gilthanas is certainly it.
He began by questioning me about faraway places like the Isle of Sancrist, the hills surrounding Palanthas, 
and even the fabled Dragon Isles. At first, I could discern no rhyme or reason to his interests, but slowly it 
dawned on me—they were all places that have mountains where silver dragons have been known to 
congregate. I further surmised that he must be looking for his former lieutenant (and, if palace rumors are to be 
believed, paramour), Silvara. Although she most often appeared in the from of a wild elf, whenever the 
dragonarmies attempted to retake the city, she resumed her natural shape—that of a silver dragon. Shortly 
after the war, the Artist's Guild decorated their hall with a grand mosaic of Gilthanas riding into battle on 
Silvara's back.
Though I was loath to pry into his personal matters, once it became obvious that I suspected the truth, 
Gilthanas insisted on telling me the tale of how he and Silvara parted. A tear still comes to my eye as I reflect 
on it. Why is it that we can only recognize the important moments in our lives when we view them in memory? 
Gilthanas's heart will not be whole again until he finds Silvara—yet he has only the vaguest clue where to 
search.
Together, we have fixed upon a dozen sites that seem likely places Silvara might have gone. They are 
spread across the entire continent and beyond. It would obviously take Gilthanas years to visit them all. 
Meanwhile, Silvara might move along to anywhere else she pleases—perhaps even across one of the great 
seas. The matter seemed hopeless.
One night, I could bear the sorrow no longer. In Wretched tears, I came to Migel, the only source of solace 
available, and surprisingly, he actually comforted me and attentively listened to all I had to say.
When I finished, instead of berating me for being an emotional fool, he held me close and soothed me. 
Stroking my head with his palm. "Everything will be all right," he promised. And so, it seems, it will be.
Migel spoke with Gilthanas the next day. He convinced him that such a quest would take a lifetime (even for 
an elf) and still might bear no fruit. Instead, my husband offered to speak to Lord Rychner on Gilthanas's behalf. 
Kalaman was in a state of peace. Surely the lord would spare a half-dozen of his swiftest riders to scour the 
land to search for news of Lady Silvara. They could cover the entire continent in less than a year, and should 
their efforts prove fruitless, more riders could embark immediately to cover six more paths. If they met with 
success, Gilthanas would know exactly where to go without wasting years on futle journeys.
I have never been more proud of my husband than the day he convinced Lord Rychner to support this plan. 
And I have never seen a happier soul than Gilthanas when he heard the news.
For the past several weeks, Gilthanas and I have pored over my grandfather's maps daily, plotting out the 
six best courses for the riders to follow. I believe we are nearly through.
Paladine, if you can yet hear our prayers, I beg you to grant whatever blessings you can to this endeavor. 
No soul I have ever met deserves happiness more than Gilthanas.
« 上次编辑: 2013-07-27, 周六 17:01:39 由 茶白猫小修 »

吉尔赛那斯的冒险史诗 The Odyssey of Gilthanas [Appendix]

吟游诗人,历史,命运,文艺,音乐之神维纳sama,新的传说也请多多关照♪~

骰神牧师的布道
1.骰品守恒,神会为祂眷顾者关闭多余的门,让20与1出现在适当的地方。
2.骰子之神属于绝对中立阵营,宿命领域的愿赌服输是骰神教义的一部分。
3.骰子之神与规则之神关系良好,漠视规则和欺骗规则者必遭到骰神惩罚。
4.敬请谨记,若不重视自身加值,出20不算过的情形下,骰神也爱莫能助。

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #31 于: 2013-07-27, 周六 21:44:32 »
米格尔爵士笔记

23sc,染金之月(Gildember,十月-译注)8日——

世上再没有比这更完美的计划了。我不仅保障了这座城市整体的繁荣增长,还成功地令自己成为了领主雷切纳与执政官吉尔赛那斯都不可或缺的人物。领主大人离不开我,因为我知晓将吉尔赛那斯挽留在这座城市的诀窍。而另一方面,执政官则依赖我来获取我们在大陆各地搜寻他从前伴侣的最新进展。

吉尔赛那斯同意在滞留卡拉曼的期间暂时接受这一头衔。我们真心实意地告诉他,人民群众将对此欢欣鼓舞。果然,他的回归在各种意义上,都把我们带回了那段黄金时代。吉尔赛那斯或许无法解消紧扼这座城市的永恒暮色,但除此之外,他已经带来了市民们所期盼的,一切形形色色的奇迹。

遵照执政官的吩咐,露天集市再度充斥了街头,贩卖着农产品、烘焙品与各种各样的手工艺品。集市一周只举办三天(不像几年前天天都有),但在吉尔赛那斯回归前,我们已经有近五年时间没办过集日了。

每一天,执政官都亲自去逛集市,用坚定有力的握手与彬彬有礼的点头向他遇到的每一个人致意。并且每次他必定会从小贩手中购买一两件东西,哪怕宫廷的仓库装得满满当当。“提升信心的唯一方式就是表现得有信心。”他数次这样告诫我。在他的坚持下,宫中的每位工作人员每周都必须腾出至少一小时走进集市,同时他还强烈鼓励我们购买至少一件物品。

在集日的带动下,市区广场上的其他商店不仅恢复了营业,还把生意做得红红火火,全无往年的颓态。越来越多的商船将卡拉曼列入必停站的范畴,水手们夜里也不再光待在船上而是走进了城市。全城各旅店的入住率再度超过半数,敏加啤酒厂生产的醇厚黑啤供不应求。

卡拉曼很可能将很快恢复它仅次于帕兰萨斯的第二大贸易港的地位。事实上,鉴于帕兰萨斯如今处于塔克西丝骑士与苍蓝尊者——蓝天(Great Blue, Skie)的双重支配之下,许多商人或许会发现经由我城的市场走陆路运输货物更为有利可图。而所有这一切,都应当归功于我。

是不是我想得太多了?我总觉得自己有朝一日会拥有一间独立的办公室。或许,我能当上市长(Lord Mayor)?对于一个让生机与繁荣重回整座城市的人来说,这可不是什么过分的要求。为了确保自己的成功,我只需把吉尔赛那斯挽留在卡拉曼,而我已经轻松实现了这一点。此外,尽管我们对行刺他的幕后黑手的调查没有取得任何进展,但其后并没有发生进一步的刺杀事件,因此,我认为吉尔赛那斯无需继续担心来路不明的刺客。

我不费吹灰之力就留住了他。说到底,我不过付出了一点儿承诺和祈祷,就让他逗留了这么久。我看不出这一大好局面有什么理由不无限期地维持下去。

劇透 -   :
Sir Migel's Journal
8th day of Gildember, 23sc—If ever there has been a more perfect plan than this, I know nothing of it. I not 
only have secured an increase in the prosperity of the city as a whole, but I also have made myself 
indispensable to both Lord Rychner and Governor Gilthanas. My Lord cannot do without me, for I am the one 
who knows how to keep Gilthanas from leaving the city. The governor, on the other hand, relies upon me to 
keep him updated on the progress of our continent-wide search for his former consort.
Gilthanas has agreed to accept his former title for as long as he remains in Kalaman. We told him, not 
untruthfully, that it would elate the masses to hear about the decision. After all, in every appearance his return 
brings back the golden years. Gilthanas may not be able to dispel the eternal twilight that grips the city, but he 
has worked every other sort of miracle the people could hope for.
At the governor's behest, the open-air market once again fills the streets with produce, baked goods, and 
all manner of handicrafts. Market days are only three times a week (as opposed to the daily affair they were in 
years past), but before Gilthanas's return, there hadn't been a market day in nearly five years.
The governor himself wanders the market each day, greeting everyone he meets with a firm handshake 
and a civil nod of his head. And he always makes it a point to buy one or two items from the stalls, even if the 
palace larders are full. "The only way to raise confidence is to act confident," he has told me on several 
occasions. At his insistence all members of the palace staff must spend at least an hour a week walking the 
market, and he strongly encourages us to make at least one purchase.
As a result of the market days, other shops in the town square have not only reopened, but also are doing 
business unlike any they've known for years. More and more trade ships consider Kalaman a necessary stop, 
and their sailors come into the city rather than staying on their ships at night. Inns throughout town again have 
more full rooms than empty ones, and the Vingaard Brewery cannot produce its dark, viscous ale fast enough 
to meet demand.
Kalaman very well may soon regain its position as the trade port second only to Palanthas. And given the 
fact that Palanthas is now under the sway of both the Knights of Takhisis and the Great Blue, Skie, many 
traders may find it more profitable to move their cargo through our fair dry. And it is all thanks to me.
Would it be too much to think that one day I might hold an office of my own? Lord Mayor, perhaps? That is 
not too much to ask for bringing life and prosperity back to an entire city. All I have to do to ensure my success 
is keep Gilthanas in Kalaman, and that is accomplished easily enough. Additionally, although no progress has 
been made on discovering who would send assassins after him, I feel that since no further attempts have been 
made on his life, Gilthanas no longer has anything to fear from that unknown aggressor.
Keeping him here is easily enough done. After all, I have kept him this long on nothing more than a promise 
and a prayer. I see no reason why this situation cannot be maintained indefinitely.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-12, 周一 18:57:42 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #32 于: 2013-07-29, 周一 21:24:26 »
洁妮塔女士日记

24sc,霜寒之月(Frostkolt,十二月-译注)3日——

我真是个虚情假意的朋友!今天,吉尔赛那斯来找我,尽管外表淡然得与普通人无异,但他向我吐露心声,说他内心已经开始绝望,怀疑自己能否哪怕能与西悠瓦拉再见一面。我全神贯注地听他诉说,尽我所能地柔声劝慰,并建议他保持耐心。“做这些事需要时间,”我说,“她已经避世将近二十年,您不能指望在这么短短几个月之内就找到她的去向。”

他微笑起来,轻拍着我的手。“的确,你说得对。”他尽力微笑着说道。我除了回以笑容,还能做些什么呢。我要如何守着这个可怕的秘密活下去?要是不把真相透露给吉尔赛那斯,我还算什么朋友啊!

昨晚,我去米格尔的书房,想问他下周第一个集日上要买些什么。可是,当我到那儿的时候,他正在与利卡(Rika)交谈。那是他的书记官,一个讨厌的马屁精。我不想打断他们的讨论,决定在门外默默等候,等谈话告一段落时再进屋。我一点儿也没想过要偷听,可是当他们提起吉尔赛那斯的名字时,我的好奇心战胜了我。令我沮丧的是,他们竟然在讨论如何编织谎言来令吉尔赛那斯相信,对西悠瓦拉的搜寻工作正在顺利进行。

“我们必须给他点可靠的消息——来个目击者,或是一个在旅途中遇到过西悠瓦拉的商人,”利卡沉吟着,在书库里来回踱步。米格尔坐在书桌前,皱着眉头盯着他。

“坐下!”我丈夫命令道,然后话归正题。“消息不能太可靠,不然他会因此离开。要是让那精灵觉得有谁最近才刚见过他的龙女小情妇的话,你的话音还在大厅里回响呢,他就迫不及待地上路了。这不行。”看到他此刻摩挲着下巴的姿态,一阵寒意流遍了我的全身。“如果我们非提供点什么传闻,那也必须是个陈旧的消息。某个旅店老板三年前看见过西悠瓦拉。”

“对!”利卡在座位上坐立不安地说,“她在旅途中路过帕兰萨斯,谁也不知道她要去什么地方。”

米格尔轻蔑地摆摆手:“帕兰萨斯这城市太大了。我觉得所罗特(Throtl)比较合适。从那地精横行的魔窟路过的人可能前往任何地方,尤其是,假如那人真的是条银龙的话。”

说到这儿,米格尔和利卡一同爆发出一阵最为恶毒的大笑声。我被吓得要命,想来一定出声地喘了口大气,因为紧接着我丈夫冲向书库门口,猛地摔开门,在明晃晃的阅读灯下把我逮了个正着。

“你在这儿站了多久了?”他质问道,牢牢攥着我的手腕,“你听到了多少?”

“多到足以明白你是个卑鄙的小人。”我从没有用这样的口吻对米格尔说过话。他松开了我的手。“多到只要我告诉吉尔赛那斯,他就会看清你是个骗子。他会以最快的速度离开卡拉曼,然后你就必须得对大家解释这是为什么。”

我的丈夫对我露出一个残酷的笑容。

“然后呢,然后又会怎样?”他转身踱向他书桌旁的座位,“要是吉尔赛那斯离开了,我们的城市将会怎样?你认为,没有我们伟大的执政官为天真的民众灌输信心,集市还能继续开下去吗?当然不能。卡拉曼会立刻堕回到那个黑暗而惊恐的时代,那个我们直到六个月前都还在经历的时代。吉尔赛那斯是唯一能维系这场复兴的人。”

“那又有什么关系?”我问,“他一点儿不欠我们的。倒不如说,这一切全是我们欠吉尔赛那斯的。我们就是这么对他表达感激的吗?拿他唯一真爱的消息愚弄他?嘲笑对他而言唯一重要的事物?”

“我亲爱的夫人呀,我们正在做的一切,都是为了在他的胸中播下希望,让他得以耐心等待,直到我们找到他的恋人。放任我们深受爱戴的执政官捕风捉影地在荒郊乱窜对谁都没有好处。不,我们所做的一切,都正是在坚定他对自己与西悠瓦拉有朝一日必会重逢的信念。只要最终结局是他们在一起了,那么吉尔赛那斯的信念是否建立在谎言的基础上真的还重要吗?”

我简直再也辨不清是非了。可恶的米格尔,还有他的如簧巧舌。

“比起东奔西走进行或许永无止境的搜寻,你不觉得把吉尔赛那斯留在卡拉曼,留在这个他能够缓解全体人民痛苦的地方更加仁慈吗?”

我无法回答。

“我建议你好好想一想,亲爱的,在你将执政官与整个城市一同拖入一场或许将长达数十年的黑暗与混乱之前。”

因此,和吉尔赛那斯会面时,我管住了自己的舌头。尽管我仍然无法回答告知他真相是否是个正确的选择,但我也不知道,自己还能把米格尔那半真半假的秘密保守多久。

劇透 -   :
Lady Jennetta's Diary
3 Frostkolt 24sc—What a false friend I am! Gilthanas came to me today, and though he is as stoic as 
anyone I've ever met, he confided in me that his heart begins to despair of ever seeing Silvara again. I listened 
with rapt attetion, cooed where I ought, and advised him to be patient. "These things take time," I said. "She 
has had nearly two decades to sequester herself. You can't expect to locate her in just a few short months."
He smiled and patted my hand. "Of course you are correct" he said and smiled gamely. It was all I could do 
to smile back. How can I live with this terrible secret? And what kind of friend am I if I do not share it with 
Gilthanas?
Last night, I came to Migel's study to inquire as to any items he might require from next week's first market 
day. When I arrived, though, he was engaged in conversation with Rika, that detestable toady he calls a clerk. 
Rather than barge in on their discussion, I resolved to wait silently by the door and enter only when there came 
a break in the discourse. It was never my intention to eavesdrop, but when I heard Gilthanas's name 
mentioned, my curiosity got the better of me. To my utter dismay, they were talking about what lies they could 
fabricate to make Gilthanas believe that the search for Silvara was proceeding smoothly.
"We must give him something solid—a sighting or a merchant who met Silvara along his travels," Rika 
intoned as he paced back and forth across the library. Migel, seated behind his reading desk, watched him 
with a scowl.
"Sit down!" my husband ordered, then returned to the issue at hand. "It must not be solid enough to cause 
him to leave. If the elf thought that someone had recently seen his dragon wench, he would be on his way 
there before the words finished echoing in the grand hall. No." And here he stroked his chin in a manner that 
sent a chill through my entire body. "If it must be a rumor, then it must be an old one. An innkeeper who saw 
Silvara three years ago."
"Yes!" Rika said fidgeting in the seat he'd taken. "She stopped in Palanthas on her way to 
who-knows-where."
Migel waved his hand dismissively. "Palanthas is too large a city. I think Throtl would be a more useful 
locale. A person could be going anywhere from that goblin-infested hole, particularly if that person was really a 
silver dragon."
With that, both Migel and Rika began to laugh in the most malicious manner. I was quite taken aback and 
must have gasped out loud, for my husband rushed to the library door and threw it open, catching me in the 
bright light of the reading lamps.
"How long were you standing here?" he demanded, holding me firmly by the wrist. "How much did you 
hear?"
"Enough to know that you are a detestable villain." I'd never spoken to Migel in such a tone. He released his 
grip on my arm. "Enough so that when I share it with Gilthanas, he will see you for the liar that you are. He will 
leave Kalaman as quickly as he can, and you will be left to explain why."
My husband smiled cruelly at me.
"And what happens then?" He turned and strolled casually back to his seat at the desk. "When Gilthanas 
leaves what will happen to our city? Do you think the market will remain open without our great governor here 
to instill the simple folk with confidence? Of course not. Kalaman will plunge immediately back into the dark 
and frightened times we faced until six months ago. Gilthanas is the only one holding this renaissance 
together."
"What of it?" I asked. "He owes us nothing. Rather, it is we who owe everything to Gilthanas. Is this how we 
show our thanks? By lying to him about his one true love? By making a mockery of the only thing that matters 
to him?"
"All we are doing, my dear wife, is creating hope in his breast so that he will remain patient while we find his 
love. It does no one any good to have our much beloved governor running off to chase shadows and rumors 
across the country-side. No, all we are doing is giving him faith that he and Silvara will one day be reunited. As 
long as they end up together, does it really matter that Gilthanas's faith is placed in a lie?"
I couldn't tell right from wrong anymore. Damn Migel and his artful words.
"Is it kinder to keep Gilthanas in Kalaman, where he can ease the suffering f the entire population, than to 
let him run hither and yon on a search that might never end?"
I could not answer.
"I suggest you think about that, my dear, before you condemn both the governor and the entire city to what 
is likely to be decades more of darkness and confusion."
So I held my tongue when Gilthanas and I met. And though I still cannot answer whether telling him the 
truth is the correct course of action, I'm not certain how long I can perpetuate Migel's half-truths.
« 上次编辑: 2013-07-29, 周一 23:40:03 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #33 于: 2013-07-29, 周一 23:52:36 »
米格尔爵士笔记

24sc,溪绿之月(Brookgreen,三月-译注)28日——

我周围全是一群蠢才!关于西悠瓦拉可能在的地方,水手们告诉吉尔赛那斯的流言已经够多了,我那群不称职的手下还在给他胡编乱造。我发誓,要不是想起能找到的任何代替人选都比他还笨一倍,我早已当场要了利卡的命。

今天早晨,我发现我那傻瓜书记官正在给执政官讲啸海岛上一条保护金月和她的秘术师们的银龙的荒谬故事。幸亏故事里的那条龙是雄的,吉尔赛那斯并没有多加留意。

让事情变得更糟的是,我的一名骑手今天回到了卡拉曼。过去的六个月里,他和其他骑手一同住在奥默(Ohme),穷奢极欲,旦暮宴饮。看来他们比预期更快地花空了我提供的钱袋。不过这些天府库币帑颇有盈余,所以这并不是问题。

问题是,那个部下回来的消息已经传到了他那里。吉尔赛那斯已经提出和这名骑手会面的要求,我所能做的就是以那个人需要时间休整为由,说服他推迟期限。整个下午,直到现在,我都在教那个兔崽子该说些什么——尤其是我们已经对执政官撒了哪些谎,还有针对他特定的问题该如何作答。我只能祈祷这天真的家伙别被眼前的“人民英雄”吓垮。(要是早知道这头衔有多麻烦,我绝不会提出它。如今的吉尔赛那斯对平民而言似乎具有某种堪称神秘的力量——他们在他跟前连话都说不利落,更遑论思考了。)

更加糟糕的是,这名骑手带回了执政官那位龙姑娘的目击者的消息。很显然,有人曾看到西悠瓦拉在阿斯提瓦山脉(Astivar Mountains)的某座高峰周围飞翔。骑手说那个地方被称为流云之巅(Peak of Clouds),传说那里住着一位睿智而慈爱的鹰羽人(kyrie)隐士。我丝毫不关心那儿是不是真有这么个鸟人。可是我必须阻止吉尔赛那斯听到这个传闻。

卡拉曼正处在一个关键时期。如果我们的贸易出口额能以每周四艘船的速度增长,我们就可以在滨海区再建一座码头。而这一举措又将为港口吸引更多的商船。我对这座城市的一切构想的实现几乎触手可及。我不能允许执政官那罗曼蒂克的兴趣危及卡拉曼的未来——我的未来!

劇透 -   :
Sir Migel's Journal
28th day of Brookgreen, 24sc—I am surrounded by buffoons! Sailors already provide Gilthanas with too 
many rumors of places Silvara may be without my own incompetent staff presenting him with ones of their own 
creation. I swear, I would kill Rika this very instant if I did not think that any replacement I found would be twice 
as inept.
This morning, I found my fool clerk regaling the governor with a preposterous tale about a silver dragon 
protecting Goldmoon and her mystics on the Isle of Schallsea. Thankfully, the dragon in the story was a male, 
and so Gilthanas paid it no heed.
To make matters worse, one of my riders returned to Kalaman today. He and the others have been living 
high on the hog in Ohme for the past six months, toasting every sunrise and sunset. It seems they have run 
through the satchel of steel I gave them quicker than anticipated. There are coins to spare in the treasury these 
days, so that is no obstacle.
My problem is that word has gotten about that my man has arrived. Gilthanas already has demanded an 
audience with the rider, and it was all I could do to convince him to delay until the man had time to rest. Now I 
have spent the entire afternoon coaching the sod on what to say—exactly which lies we have told the governor 
and what specific answers to give to specific questions. I can only pray this simple man does not fall to pieces 
in the presence of "the hero of the people." (If I had known how troublesome that title would be, I'd never have 
suggested it. Gilthanas now seems to have an almost arcane power over the common folk—they can hardly 
speak clearly in his presence, let alone think.)
To make matters worse, the rider brings with him news of a sighting of the governor's dragon maid. 
Apparently, Silvara has been seen flying around a particular spire in the Astivar Mountains. The rider says the 
place is called the Peak of Clouds, and legend tells that it is home to a wise and benevolent kyrie hermit. 
Whether or not such a bird-man lives there does not concern me at all. However, it is imperative Gilthanas not 
find out about this rumor.
Matters here in Kalaman are at a critical juncture. If we can increase outgoing trade by another four ships a 
week, we can add another pier to our waterfront. And that will in turn bring more merchant ships to the harbor. 
We stand at the verge of fulfilling all my dreams for our city. I cannot allow the governor's romantic interests to 
jeopardize Kalaman's future—my future!
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-12, 周一 18:57:55 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #34 于: 2013-07-30, 周二 14:23:53 »
洁妮塔女士日记

24sc,青绿之月(Yurthgreen,四月-译注)1日——

我是个怯懦无信的女人,我给自己招来的一切耻辱都是应得的报应。在过去的十个月中,我只是不断地在欺骗,欺骗一个在我认识的人之中内心最为高贵,灵魂最为纯洁的男人。我轻信了我的丈夫——那个我明知他寡廉鲜耻的男人,听信了他一旦得到关于西悠瓦拉的确切消息,就会立刻将它转达给执政官吉尔赛那斯的承诺。不知为什么我坚信,倘若必须在个人的舒适与道义上的责任间做出抉择,我家米格尔必定会选择正确的道路。

我多傻啊。

每当我丈夫接待他手下的工作人员时,我都留心刻意站在一段不显眼的距离外。我扮演着一位称职的女主人的角色,假装百无聊赖,漠不关心,可是事实上,我仔仔细细地听着每一个字眼,寻找着欺骗的蛛丝马迹。昨晚,我找到了。

那个烦人的利卡,在比平时多喝了一杯红酒之后,不经意间对上周造访宫廷的那位骑手发了点议论。那马屁精说的意思大概是“他把真相带回了奥默。”

米格尔丢给那马屁精一个凌厉的眼色,吓得利卡一面念叨自己实在是逗留得太晚了,一面走向大门。而我呢,我假装没有注意到什么不对劲,对着利卡消失的身影温柔地说了句晚安,品评着我丈夫书记官的举动是多么的古怪。这似乎令米格尔相当满意,以为利卡的失言逃过了我的耳朵。

第二天,当米格尔在殿上就滨海区建设计划的事向雷切纳领主提出建议时,我再次走进他的书库,并找到了他的私人笔记。天哪,我看到了一堆多么臭不可闻的诡计与谎言呀,而其中最恶劣的一桩,就是关于执政官吉尔赛那斯的。

米格尔觉得这事十分重要,绝不能听天由命,而我也同样这么认为。我毫不怀疑吉尔赛那斯看穿了我丈夫的宫廷政治伎俩,但我担心他还不清楚米格尔骨子里有多么坏——所以,我把那本笔记带到了执政官的住处。

我不大确定吉尔赛那斯会做出什么样的反应。他会丢下本子,迅速打点好行装,用他能想到的最好办法离开这座城市吗?或许他会抄起他的剑,大步流星地杀到会议室,向米格尔报一箭之仇?(我同样不大确定,自己是不是该履行身为妻子的责任,恳求执政官饶恕我丈夫的性命。)

然而,他所做的,却完全出乎我意料之外。

执政官吉尔赛那斯,读完了他的真爱——西悠瓦拉在流云之巅现身的那一段,以最高雅的仪态吻了吻我的手。

“亲爱的洁妮塔,你救了我。卡拉曼的其他人一个劲地把我脑海中的水搅浑,而你却是一股清泉,流淌着真理、光辉与荣誉。我不知要用什么话来感谢你,但我希望这能使你得到些许满足:是你的善良给了我找到心上人的机会。不要让宫中的那群恶棍有机会质疑你的诚实与真挚。”

说完这些,他就离开了。

尽管执政官这么说,但我还是清楚,自己已经成了一个不忠的妻子。我打破了当年米格尔带我走出家庭,进入这个典雅而又愉悦的世界时,教给我的一切行为准则。我再也不配享受这种优渥的生活。

因此,我也收拾起自己的行装,准备离开这座城市。那些缀满珠宝的项链和金耳环,我一件也没有碰。它们都是属于米格尔的,即使在我还不是个淑女的时候,也从来不曾做过贼。不,我只带走了身上的这套衣服(一件棉衬衣和一条花呢裤子,米格尔从来不允许我穿它们)和我祖父的地图。也许我会经过一些他所勾勒的道路——假如它们仍然通畅的话。

我把这本日记,还有米格尔的笔记,一起留给了集市上我认识的一位书商。我担心我的丈夫说得对,失去了吉尔赛那斯,卡拉曼将重新回到那段在暮色中瑟瑟发抖,担忧有什么潜伏在阴影之中的时光。如果这就是这座城市的未来,那就让它发生吧。市民们不能依赖几位闪耀的英雄来驱除他们生命中的黑暗。我开始怀疑,大部分的英雄或许都更像是米格尔,而不是吉尔赛那斯。越是给予他们凌驾于我们生命之上的权利,在逐渐汇聚的黑暗之中,我们真正值得恐惧的事情也就越多。

劇透 -   :
Lady Jennetta's Diary
1 Yurthgreen 24sc—I am a cowardly, faithless woman, and I deserve all the shame I've brought upon 
myself. For the past ten months, I have done nothing but lie to a man with a heart as noble and a spirit as pure 
as any I've ever encountered. I believed my husband, a man I know to be of scandalous honor, and accepted 
his word that when actual news of Silvara arrived, he would pass it immediately on to Governor Gilthanas. 
Somehow, I trusted that when a choice was to be made between personal comfort and moral responsibility, 
my own Migel would choose the righteous path.
What a fool I am.
I have made a point of staying within a discreet distance of my husband whenever he entertains members 
of his staff. Oh, I played the dutiful hostess and feigned bored disinterest, but in truth, I listened carefully to 
every word searching for some hint of deception. That hint came last night.
The tedious Rika, after one glass of wine more than his usual limit, made a passing comment about the 
rider who visited th palace last week. That toady said something to the effect of, "He took his truth back to 
Ohme."
Migel cast upon the toady such a withering gaze that Rika immediately commented on how late the evening 
had gotten and showed himself to the door. For my part, I, pretending to notice nothing amiss, bid Rika's 
vanishing form a fond good evening, then commented on how odd my husband's clerk was behaving. This 
seemed to satisfy Migel that Rika's slip of the tongue had eluded me.
The next day, while Migel was in court advising Lord Rychner on the matter of proposed construction along 
the waterfront, I re-entered his library and found his personal journal. Oh, what a fetid tangle of intrigue and lies 
I found therein, the very worst of which was the matter concerning Governor Gilthanas.
Migel finds this matter too important to leave to chance, and so do I. I have no doubt that Gilthanas saw 
through my husband's courtly politics, but I fear he did not know how rotten Migel is at the core—that is, until I 
brought the journal to the governor's quarters.
I was unsure as to how Gilthanas would react. Would he throw down the tome, quickly gather his 
belongings, and leave the city by the most opportune method available? Perhaps he would grab his sword and 
stalk over to the council chambers to exact revenge on Migel. (I was likewise uncertain as to whether or not I 
would perform my wifely duty of begging the governor to spare my husband's life.)
What he did, however, took me completely by surprise.
Governor Gilthanas, upon reading that his own true love, Silvara, had been spotted at the Peak of Clouds, 
kissed my hand in a most elegant manner.
"Dear Jennetta, you have saved me. While others in Kalaman only muddied the waters of my mind, you 
have been a spring of truth, light, and honor. I have not the words to thank you, but I hope that you will find 
some measure of satisfaction that it was your kindness that allowed me to find my heart. Do not let the 
scoundrels in this palace ever question your integrity or sincerity."
And with that, he was gone.
Despite the governor's words, though, I know that I have been an unfaithful wife. I've broken every rule of 
conduct Migel taught me when he took me from my family and brought me into this world of courtly delight. I no 
longer deserve this life of privilege.
And so I too have packed my belongings and prepare to leave the city. I've not touched one of the 
jewel-encrusted necklaces or golden earrings. Those belong to Migel, and even before I was a lady, I was 
never a thief. No, I take only the clothes on my back (a cotton shirt and tweed trousers that Migel never allowed 
me to wear) and my grandfather's maps. Perhaps I'll walk some of the roads he sketched, presuming they're 
still passable.
This diary, as well as Migel's journal, I will leave with a bookseller I know in the market. I fear my husband 
was right when he said that without Gilthanas, Kalaman will return to the days of cowering in the twilight, 
fearing what may lurk in the shadows. If that is the city's future, so be it. The citizens cannot rely on some 
shining hero to banish the darkness from their lives. Most heroes, I've come to suspect, are more like Migel 
than Gilthanas. And the more power we give them over our lives, the more there truly is to fear in the gathering 
darkness.
« 上次编辑: 2013-07-30, 周二 23:48:57 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #35 于: 2013-07-31, 周三 11:20:15 »
流云之巅,25sc

“现在,我们来学习石元素的应用……那是我们的下一课……至少我觉得应该是……难道不是吗?总之不管怎样,这种形式的魔法叫什么来着?”

“地系?(geomancy)”吉尔赛那斯好心地回答,就像每一次老师神游天外时他所做的那样。

“正是!”奇拉克(Keelak)点着他那满覆羽毛的头,整个身子以瘦骨嶙峋的腿为支点前后摆动着。

鹰羽人鼓起胸膛,抻直了身子:“我想我已经把你教得挺不错了。”

“那是自然,”吉尔赛那斯答道,“您教给我的每一课,我不是都彻底吸收了吗?”

“我还记得你当初刚爬上这儿的时候——那是二十年前的事了——我们一开始学的是大气系(aeromancy)的课程。你把大部分时间都费在学会一道——不过能吹起一小阵风的咒语上。”

吉尔赛那斯尴尬地清了清嗓子。“事实上,从我第一次爬上您的山峰到现在,只不过刚过了一年多点儿。”王子忍无可忍地纠正道。的确,他对那位导师大多数的小小妄想都早有心理准备,可是他没法容忍自己被记成一个傻瓜。

即使,当他初次着手学习这种新魔法时,还像个试图在汹涌的激流中游泳的婴儿般无计可施。

他回想起自己来到流云之巅的时候……那座陡峭的,攀无可攀的高峰,巍然屹立在阿斯提瓦山脉群峦叠嶂的心脏地带,屹立在他眼前。他用了两周时间在山脚附近找到隐蔽的通道,但甚至连那也并非通往山顶的捷径。寒冷而黑暗的密道,在山体内部回廊与竖井组成的迷宫中穿行。他徘徊了许多天,只为找出一条通往高处的道路。

那儿住着矮人,他几度与那些山脉居民紧张对峙。他得知他们是山脉内部的行家,却极少留意通往上方的路线——对峰顶地表的情形则一无所知。最终他们还是许可他通过此处。

最后他终于抵达了这云雾缭绕的峰顶。奇拉克迎接了他,就像早就等着他似的——后来,精灵才发现,这稀里糊涂的鹰羽人只不过是把吉尔赛那斯当成了他脑海中一系列课程的讲授对象。

在他那时不时就像这峰顶一样云山雾罩的意识中,却隐藏着光辉灿烂的直感,还有对凡人之年代的到来给这世界带来的变化的本能认知。奇拉克渴望分享这些知识,因此,他要求吉尔赛那斯成为他的学生。

起初,精灵流浪者一口回绝,他只想问出这位鹰羽人老先生所知关于西悠瓦拉的消息,然后就继续踏上旅途。对方透露,他的确认识西悠瓦拉,她已经离开了这里,并且告诉过鹰羽人自己的目的地。但是,尽管奇拉克老态龙钟,在谈判桌上却相当精明。他们达成了一桩协议:只有在吉尔赛那斯接受他的教学,对这种新魔法有了足够的了解,掌握了三个学派的法术之后,他才会提供那些信息。

如今,十三个月过去了,吉尔赛那斯心悦诚服地承认,这位鹰羽人的确是教育的行家里手。尽管他很可能不记得自己早饭吃了什么,但他似乎深谙将岩石与大气、火与水和凡人内心潜藏的能量相链接的方法。他为精灵演示了如何驾驭那些力量,以及如何以一种十分类似旧魔法的方式来使用这种能量。

在这段时间内,吉尔赛那斯眼中四周的世界仿佛缩小了。这座流云之巅恰如其名,十天有九天都包裹在厚重的浓云里,鹰羽人与精灵如同身处高墙环绕的房屋中一般。他们在山顶一块平坦的高原——一块和大型游乐场差不多大的圆形高地——上学习和生活。一条狭窄的通道由此下行,通往一系列岩洞,他们俩可以在那儿躲避罕见的恶劣气候。不过大部分时候,吉尔赛那斯和奇拉克都住在露天。

在极少的几天里,流云被风吹散,显露出阿斯提瓦山脉的全貌,这道炫目的风景线,吉尔赛那斯百看不厌。山脉绿意盎然,被水与生灵点缀得生机勃勃,往往还装饰着几卷轻雾,笼罩在低矮的谷地上。

然而,东面与西面的景象却更为恐怖。朝着太阳升起的方向,他可以望见远处名为墨莱克斯的黑龙霸主支配下的腥臭沼泽。有几次精灵还看到了他怪异的身形,像一枚不成比例的巨大阴影,或掠过他国度的上空,或在一口浅塘中翻滚腾跃。 而另一个方向上则密布着杂乱而繁茂的森林,那是隐居其中的巨龙罗瑞那扩大地貌的成果。他从未见过那片国度的绿龙主人,但奇拉克对他保证,那条巨蛇的确存在,并且是位冷酷无情的霸主。

尽管这位鹰羽人的生活相当简朴,但对精灵王子而言,那段日子舒适又愉快。他感到运用心智的挑战是个令人振奋的过程,同时也在学习使用新魔法的过程中展现出了出色的技巧。他学会了将空气塑造成各种形状,唤来——或平息——一阵风,甚至仅仅通过集中精力就能施展法术或是获取信息。他已经掌握了三个学派的法术——预言系(divination),惑控系(enchantment)和大气系——但近来,他变得越来越焦躁不安,他明白,很快就要到提醒鹰羽人履行约定的时候了。

就在吉尔赛那斯努力说服奇拉克他事实上真的只在这里待了一年多一点儿的时候,一股外来的力量推动了这个契机。

第一位黑衣人忽地在高地边缘现身,惊得吉尔赛那斯呆立当场。另外两位蒙面的入侵者旋即杀入视野,第一位则猛然加速横越高地而来。他们全都严密包裹在一袭活动自如的宽松黑衣中。每个人的一只手都挥舞着一柄长剑,另一只手则握着一把短小的匕首。

幸运的是,吉尔赛那斯一直保持着在这类无掩蔽的场所佩剑的习惯。他抽出武器,飞快地格开了对手的一记斩击。一双冰冷的黑眼睛透过面罩的缝隙盯着他,然后神秘的袭击者撤转身形,用同样的手势,向吉尔赛那斯的心脏直射出一把锋锐的匕首。

钢剑过处,小刀当啷落地——这下精灵明白了他们的战术,他辨出这些入侵者都是训练有素的刺客,和在卡拉曼袭击他的那群人一样。他们是什么人,是谁派他们来的?——此刻只好先把这些疑惑搁在一旁。他抛却一切怜悯,前冲一步,一剑穿透飞刀者的胸口。

但另外两名刺客也飞奔而来。奇拉克拍打着精瘦的,长满羽毛的双臂跳上前,尖叫着命令刺客停手。吉尔赛那斯不禁呻吟出声,他看到一个家伙对温和的鹰羽人面门和胸口各劈了一剑。奇拉克跌倒在地。

另一个袭击者兜着圈接近,被精灵放翻。但吉尔赛那斯的这一记猛攻却让自己门户大开,他骤然倒退几步,感到面颊上窜过一阵火辣辣的疼痛。

他被砍中了!他的第一个念头是自己丢了一只眼睛,他的视野在一片血红中摇曳。然而,他的攻击依然准确无误,最后一名刺客也血溅冰冷的石峰之巅。吉尔赛那斯抬起一只手拍拍脸,他触到了流血的伤痕,不过也发现,自己的眼睛安然无恙。

有好一阵子,吉尔赛那斯跪在重伤的奇拉克身边。精灵看着那深深的伤口,看着不断涌流而出,汇成了好大一滩的鲜血,恐惧得浑身颤抖。他以为那位鹰羽人已经死了,但那张受伤的脸抽搐了一下,一只眼睛微微睁开了。

“你是个好学生……”那垂死的生物嘶声说,“你有资格找到你的真爱……你的银之心。去那群侏儒们中间找她吧……去海边,他们的高塔……”

然后,鹰羽人再无声息。

劇透 -   :
The Peak of Clouds, 25sc

"Now, working with the element of rock ... that's the next lesson... at least I think it is ... isn't it? What is that 
form of magic called, anyway?"
"Geomancy?" Gilthanas answered helpfully, as he always did when his teacher's mind wandered.
"Precisely!" Keelak nodded his feathered head, bobbing his full body forward and back on his skinny legs. 
The kyrie puffed out his chest and stretched tall. "I see that I have taught you well."
"Of course you have," Gilthanas replied. "Have I not absorbed every lesson you have imparted to me?"
"I remember when you first climbed up here—twenty years ago, it was—and we started with lessons on 
aeromancy. It took you mos of that time just to learn a spell that would move a little gust of wind."
Gilthanas cleared his throat in embarrassment, then spoke. "Actually, it was only a little more than a year 
ago when I first climbed to your peak." The prince couldn't help but make the correction. Certainly he was 
prepared for most of his pedagogue's little imaginings, but he would not allow himself to be remembered as a 
fool.
Even if, when he had first started his studies of the new magic, he had been as helpless as a babe trying to 
swim up a raging stream.
He recalled his arrival here at the Peak of Clouds ... of the sheer, obviously unclimbable mountain that had 
risen before him from the tangled heart of the Astivar Mountains. It had taken him two weeks to find the hidden 
passage near the base of the mountain, and even that had not been an easy route to the summit. Chilly and 
lightless, the secret way had wound through a maze of corridors and ascending shafts within the massif. He 
had wandered for many days, seeking only to work his way upward.
Dwarves lived there, and he had spent tense moments in a confrontation with the mountain dwellers. He 
learned that they were masters of the undermountain, but cared little for the upper reaches—and nothing at all 
for the exterior of the summit. At length they had given him leave to pass.
And finally he had emerged here, on the cloud-wrapped summit. Keelak had greeted him as though he had 
been expecting him—later, the elf realized that the absent-minded kyrie had simply thought that he recognized 
Gilthanas from a series of lessons he'd been conducting in his mind.
But within that mind, which sometimes seemed as fog-shrouded as the mountaintop, there lurked a brilliant 
sense of intuition and an instinctive understanding of the changes that had been wrought in the world with the 
arrival of the Age of Mortals. Keelak had longed to share this knowledge, and so he had demanded that 
Gilthanas become his pupil.
At first the elven wanderer had refused, intending only to learn what the ancient kyrie knew of Silvara before 
continuing on his way. The creature revealed that he had in fact known Silvara and that she had departed from 
here for a destination she had made known to the kyrie. But Keelak, despite his apparent senility, had been 
shrewd enough to negotiate a deal: Only after Gilthanas studied his teachings, and learned enough of the new 
magic to master three schools of sorcery would he impart this information.
Now, thirteen months later, Gilthanas willingly admitted that the kyrie had proven to be an adept teacher. 
While he might not have remembered what he ate for breakfast, he seemed to understand the way that stone 
and air, fire and water were linked to the powers lurking within a mortal heart. He had shown the elf how to 
harness those forces and use the power in a way that was much like the magic of old.
During that time, it seemed to Gilthanas as though the world had shrunk around him. Nine days out of ten 
the aptly named Peak of Clouds was encased in murk so thick that the kyrie and the elf might have been 
enclosed in a walled room. They conducted their studies and their lives on the flat plateau of the 
mountaintop—a circle the size of a large playing field. A narrow passageway descended to a series of caverns 
where the two sought refuge during the rare intervals of bad weather, but for the most part Gilthanas and 
Keelak had lived outside.
On the rare days when the clouds blew away and the extent of the Astivar Mountains was revealed as a 
dazzling vista, Gilthanas never tired of drinking in the view. The mountain range was green and lush, vibrant 
with water and life, and often draped with decorative tendrils of mist that swathed the lower valleys.
To east and west were more dire panoramas, however. In the direction of the rising sun he could see as far 
as the fetid swamp of the black dragon overlord called Mohrlex. Several times the elf had seen that monstrous 
form, like a great shadow of impossible proportions, sweep throug the sky over his realm, or wallow and 
cavort in one of the shallow ponds. In the other direction lay the sprawling, thick forest enhanced for the 
reclusive dragon, Lorrinar. He had never observed the great green master of that realm, but Keelak assured 
him that the serpent existed and that he was a ruthless overlord.
Though the kyrie lived simply, these were days of comfort and pleasure for the elven prince. He found the 
challenge of using his mind a refreshing process, and he showed a remarkable adeptness in learning the ways 
of the new magic. He could mold air into a variety of shapes, call up—or tame—the wind, and even weave 
spells or gain information merely by concentrating his efforts. He had mastered three schools—divination, 
enchantment, and aeromancy—but lately he had been growing restless, and he knew that soon it would be 
time to ask the kyrie to fulfill his end of the bargain.
That chance was propelled by outside circumstances, as Gilthanas was attempting to convince Keelak that 
he had, in fact, only been here for little more than year.
The first of the black-clad figures appeared on their plateau with a suddenness that froze Gilthanas in place. 
Two more of the masked intruders quickly popped into view, while the first launched himself across the 
mountaintop with a rush. All were fully concealed but wore loose clothes that gave them freedom of movement. 
Each wielded a longsword in one hand and a short, narrow dagger in the other.
Fortunately, Gilthanas had never abandoned the habit of wearing his sword when he was thus exposed. He 
drew the weapon and met the other's slashing attack with a quick parry. Cold, dark eyes glared at him through 
a slit in the mask, and then the mysterious attacker spun away and, in the same gesture, threw a sharp dagger 
straight at Gilthanas's heart.
The steel sword whipped past and the knife clattered away—and now the elf knew the tactics, recognized 
that these intruders were trained assassins similar to the ones that had attacked him in Kalaman. Who they 
were and who had sent them were questions he forced aside for the moment. Abandoning any thought of 
mercy, he charged and stabbed the knife-thrower through the chest.
But the other two were rushing forward. His gangly, feathered arms flapping, Keelak hopped forward, 
screeching at the assassins to halt. Gilthanas groaned as one of the figures slashed the gentle kyrie across his 
face and chest. Keelak tumbled to the ground.
Another attacker whirled closer, and the elf struck him down. But his own thrust left him vulnerable, and he 
recoiled suddenly with a sensation of burning pain across his cheek.
He was cut! His first thought was that he had lost an eye, and his vision swam with red. He struck unerringly, 
however, and the last of the assassins bled his life onto the stone cold mountaintop. Gilthanas clapped a hand 
to his face, feeling the bloody cut, but finding that his eye remained whole.
In moments Gilthanas was kneeling beside the stricken Keelak. The elf shuddered in horror as he saw the 
deep gash and the blood welling into a wide pool. He thought that the kyrie was already dead, but then the 
wounded face twitched and one eye cracking open.
"Good pupil, you were ..." croaked the dying creature. "You deserve your True Heart ... your silver one. 
Seek her among the gnomes ... in their tower by the sea ..."
And the kyrie said no more.
« 上次编辑: 2013-07-31, 周三 18:02:35 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #36 于: 2013-07-31, 周三 18:47:45 »
弹指一瞬:刺客之路

一名专家级剑客,手执一柄打造精良的锋锐兵刃,甚至可以在划开血肉之际令对方毫无觉察——直到鲜血从肌肤中喷涌而出。而我向吉尔赛那斯——我平生所见的第一位精灵——挥出的,也正是这样的一击。

但,我做到了吗?

我们双双扑向对方,双双在千钧一发之际化解了对方的攻势,手中长剑铮鸣。我们双双维持住平衡,双双迅疾退开,然后挥剑冲上前去。

但,我击中他了吗?

在一瞬之后,头脑才会注意到身躯正在死去。而有些瞬间,将持续永恒。

劇透 -   :
A Moment in Time: The Assassin's Path

A sharp, well-forged blade in the hands of an expert swordsman can cut the flesh without the person feeling 
anything—until the blood starts spilling over the skin. It was just such a blow I struck against Gilthanas, the first 
elf I had ever met.
Or did I?
We had lunged at each other, each of us deflecting each other's blow at the last moment, our swords 
ringing. We both kept our balance and whirled away from each other, slashing as we went.
But did I strike him?
It would take a moment for the brain to realize the body was dying. And some moments can last forever.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-01, 周四 11:08:45 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #37 于: 2013-07-31, 周三 19:15:46 »
一路走来,25sc

有些日子像许多年那样漫长。我与一位自称“潜行者”(Stalker)的白发女精灵一同旅行的时候,就有这样度日如年的感觉。我绝少看见她的脸——她总是将斗篷的兜帽拉得低低的,就像我故乡艾莲的使者所做的那样。她也像使者一样把自己裹在层层叠叠的衣裳中,令她的性别与种族都像是一个谜——同时掩藏着她一排排淬毒的刀刃——只有最敏锐的观察者才能发现。她在模仿语音上颇有天赋,使得初次共事的人更难于判断她的性别。直到我们旅行的第二天夜里,她脱得赤条条地尽力诱惑我,我才确信她是名女性。

我与潜行者同行,是在落到那条统治安塞隆西北部沙地的强大蓝龙——凯蓝卓斯(Khellendros)手里之后的事。在帕兰萨斯,我向拘捕我的黑暗骑士们解释说自己是那条红龙麾下的一名艾莲密探,然后他们把我带到了距城市不远的一座岩洞里。在那里,我见到了那位可畏的王者。这是我平生第一次站在一条龙的面前,萦绕在他周围的威胁感与恐怖感是如此强大,我用了全副力量自控才没有在他开口前就转身逃离。

凯蓝卓斯开了口,他低沉的声线惊人地浑厚,有种宽慰人心的力量,完全不是我想象中那种爬虫类的嘶嘶声。而且,他的艾莲语说得就像我们岛国的任何一位本地人一样完美。他说他同样对吉尔赛那斯感兴趣;他对银龙不甚关心,却想把那位精灵抓来关押在他的地牢里。当我重申我和弟兄们的使命是诛杀吉尔赛那斯之后,凯蓝卓斯问道:“对玛烈赤斯而言,吉尔赛那斯是被杀死还是被囚禁真的重要吗?”

我回答他说大概不重要。使者关心的重点似乎是那条银龙。一旦我们遇见那条银龙,无疑必须杀死她。在我们等待吉尔赛那斯走出那条魔法通路的那些年里,使者已经把这一点说得很清楚了。

龙答道:“而我所关心的主要是:吉尔赛那斯和他的老战友们在半个世纪前给我造成了许多麻烦。我不想看到这些麻烦再度出现,因此我希望将他无力化——他并不像其他人那样年老体衰。假如黄金将军不是这样专注于她的祖国无暇他顾,我也会采取同样的手段来整治她。”

我指出,如果吉尔赛那斯死了,他就永远不会制造事端。尽管龙同意我的确提出了一个有力的论点,但他还是询问我是否信任他与吉尔赛那斯打交道的经验,以及是否信任他——同时指代精灵与龙——那得益于漫长寿命的智慧。“我们都远比你毕生所可能达到的还更为睿智,更为诡谲,索罗武,尽管事实上你已经相当聪明了。”

我们就这个问题进一步探讨并最终达成了共识:把吉尔赛那斯囚禁在凯蓝卓斯的地牢里,因为这个选项和杀死他毫无区别。但是,我向他明确表示,我并不擅长花言巧语,在活捉敌人的方面也没多少天赋。巨龙对我露出獠牙,我想这是他们一族微笑的方式,他说:“我猜也是这样。因此我已经为你挑选了一位同伴。”

潜行者披着她那层层叠叠的斗篷,从洞穴最幽深的暗影里款步而出。她不会说艾莲语,而是说精灵语和索兰尼亚语——在至高导师的帮助下,我已经在一定程度上掌握了这两种语言。

“假如你觉得自己不可能活捉吉尔赛那斯,”凯蓝卓斯说,“那么,潜行者做得到。我麾下再没有谁比潜行者更善于引诱猎物进入陷阱……尽管有时候,她布的陷阱太多了些。”

“但它们很有效果。”兜帽的阴影中发出柔和的声音。

凯蓝卓斯得到的一份报告显示,吉尔赛那斯身在卡拉曼。当我提到有几名弟兄已经赶去那个地方时,他说吉尔赛那斯得到了当地领主的支持,我的大师伙伴们已在同宫廷侍卫们的战斗中遇难。他重申,我们有必要制定更为详尽的战术,就如潜行者一直以来所做的那样。我认为他的话十分明智,便接受了潜行者这个临时的同伴。

如果说有谁阐释了为何女人不该成为战士的话,那就是潜行者。对于男性和整个社会而言,女性的天职是生儿育女,令他们得以有后人传承血脉、复诵父辈的功业——但我所说的并不是这个问题,她们的行动实在是太任性,太自我中心了。首先,在我们同行的第二天晚上,我拒绝了她并且解释说我对内人十分专一的时候,她笑话我居然白白放弃到嘴的肥肉。“生活应该多点乐趣,”她说,“况且,女人可不只是你们男人的生育工具。如果你肯睁开眼看看真实的世界,就会发现我们做的贡献比生儿育女要大得多。”

在旅途中,她的行为甚至变得比刚出发时还要讨厌。她会留心指出那些佩着武器的女性,有时还力劝我去和她们争斗。我总是拒不应战。没有哪个女人值得我用专家级的作战技术去对付她。潜行者总是耸耸肩,说我终究会败在自己的“妄自尊大,恃勇轻敌”上,说我的“盲目”会让我早死。

每当我们奢侈一把住进旅店里,她总会找个魅力四射的伴侣,把我独个儿撇下。我总是坐在公共休息室的炉火前,盯着舞动的火苗,想着家,或是任务的事。有时我上楼回到自己的单人房,演练着战斗技巧,以阻止自己继续思考我死后会留下些什么。但是,我注意到一件事,每当我们离开旅店时,潜行者的伴侣都谨慎地避免露面。我暗暗感谢他们没有顺应她的“妄自尊大”。

然而有一次在我们露营时,她又出去幽会,这回我的好奇心战胜了我。我蹑手蹑脚地尾随着她和她昨天旅途中搭上的那位伴侣,来到一条小溪边。在那儿,我窥见了潜行者的灵魂究竟堕落得有多深。就在她和伴侣看似双双迷失在激情中的那一刻,她从他们丢在一旁的衣服堆里抽出一把匕首,毫无预警地将它刺入了他的眼睛。接下去的一幕令我退缩了,因为她即使在他死后也没有停止动作。我真心怀疑起那条龙交给我的究竟是一个什么样的怪物啊。

在后来的旅程中,我总是留心观察着潜行者,试图找出她选择猎物是否有一定的模式。我渐渐注意到,她只会杀死那些粗鲁地回应她的接近的人,而其他那些人则只是被洗劫后捆在附近的树上……尽管绳索经常捆得如此粗疏,令我疑心受害者在几个小时内就能凭自己的力量重获自由。我承认,在某种意义上,我认为她这么干对这世界有好处。无法抗拒她的诱惑的脆弱男性,只会繁衍出同样脆弱的后代。

在我向她问起这件事的时候,潜行者的解释是,这些行动都是为了让生活充满“乐趣”,保持情绪高涨。而当我表示不以为然时,她勃然大怒。在共度富有“乐趣”的一夜之后,我不得不承认她是个相当称心的伴侣,她在此后看上去兴高采烈,并且对脑力活动发生了极大的兴趣。她会一连几个小时地拉着我,从哲学层面探讨“乐趣”与“荣誉”,“对”与“错”的定义。

然而所有这些刺激与最后一个相比都算不上什么。我们在许多天前进入了奈罗德,横跨敏加河(Vingaard River ),进入了那片笼罩整个国度的非自然阴影之中。我们一路向东,雨一直下着。道路变作泥浆的溪流,延缓了我们的脚步。

当我们深一脚浅一脚地沿着道路行进时,她开始激进地宣扬她的观点:宰几个男人完全没啥不能接受的,因为这能叫她开心——尤其是在这种沉闷不堪的环境里。尽管我感到一股想要用武器替代言语来争辩这个命题的冲动,但我还是提醒自己——她是那条红龙的一位盟友的属下,并克制住了这股冲动。

劇透 -   :
Following te Path, 25sc
Some days seem like years. That is how the days felt while I was traveling with a white-haired elf who called 
herself Stalker. I rarely saw her face—she kept the hood of her cloak drawn at all times, much like the 
Emissary did back on Elian. Also like the Emissary, she kept herself wrapped in layers of cloth that kept her 
sex and race ambiguous—and her array of poisoned blades hidden—to all but the keenest of observers. Her 
expert talent at voice mimicry made it even more difficult to discern what sex she was when first dealing with 
her. It wasn't until she disrobed in an effort to seduce me on our second night traveling together that I was even 
certain she was female.
I ended up traveling with Stalker after becoming an unwilling guest of Khellendros, the mighty blue dragon 
who rules the sandy lands of Ansalon's northwest. After explaining to the Dark Knights who detained me in 
Palanthas that I was an Elian agent of the Red, I was taken to a cave not far from the city. Here, I met their 
fearsome master. It was the first time I had been in the presence of a dragon, and it took all my strength of will 
not to just whirl and flee even before he spoke, so strong was the sense of menace and dread that surrounded 
him.
When Khellendros spoke, it was with a deep voice that was surprisingly rich and comforting, not at all the 
hissing, reptilian sound that I would have expected. Further, his Elian was as perfect as that spoken by any 
native of my island. He said that he had an interest in Gilthanas as well; he cared naught for the silver dragon, 
but he wanted the elf captured and imprisoned within his dungeons. When I restated that my mission, and that 
of my brethren, was to slay Gilthanas, Khellendros asked, "Does it matter to Malystryx whether Gilthanas is 
dead or imprisoned?"
I replied that it probably didn't. The Emissary's main concern seemed to be the silver dragon. There was no 
question that we were to slay the silver dragon, should we encounter her. The Emissary had made that clear 
during the years we waited for Gilthanas to emerge from his magical passage.
The dragon responded, "My main concern is that Gilthanas and his old comrades in arms caused me many 
difficulties half a century ago. I do not want to see those difficulties arise again, so I want him 
neutralized—unlike the others, he is not old and feeble. If the Golden General wasn't preoccupied in her 
homeland, I would be taking similar steps to have her dealt with as well."
I pointed out that if he was dead, Gilthanas would never pose a problem again. Although the dragon agreed 
that I made a compelling case, he asked mat I trust in his experience with Gilthanas and in the wisdom of the 
ages that he— both the elf and the dragon—represented. "We are both far wiser and cunning than you could 
ever hope to become Solov, despite the fact that you are highly intelligent."
We discussed the matter further, and we eventually agreed to imprison Gilthanas in Khellendros's 
dungeons since this option was just as good as having him dead. I made it clear, however, that I was not 
skilled at subterfuge nor was I at all talented in taking foes alive. The dragon bared his fangs in what I suppose 
passes for a smile among his kind and said, "I suspected as much. That is why I have chosen to provide you 
with an ally."
Stalker stepped from the deepest shadow in the cave already wrapped in her many cloaks. She did not 
speak Elian, but she spoke the tongue of elves and of the Solamnians—languages I had mastered to some 
extent with the aid of the Superior Master.
"If you find yourself incapable of taking Gilthanas alive," Khellendros said, "Stalker can do so. None in my 
service are as adept as Stalker in directing victims into traps ... even if the traps are somewhat overmuch at 
times."
"But they work," came the soft voice from within the shadows of the hood.
Khellendros had a report that Gilthanas was in Kalaman. When I mentioned that some of my brethren had 
traveled to that region, he stated tha the local lords were supporting Gilthanas and that my fellow Masters had 
been killed in battle with palace guards. He restated the need for more elaborate tactics like those practiced by 
Stalker. I considered the wisdom of his words and took Stalker as my temporary ally.
If anyone demonstrates why women should not be warriors, it is Stalker. Never mind their duty to their men 
and society at large to bear children so that someone can carry on the bloodline and retell the tales of their 
fathers' deeds, but they act entirely too capriciously for their own good. First, after I rejected her on our second 
night together and explained that I was devoted to the woman I had at home, she laughed at me for not taking 
advantages when they were offered to me. "Life's supposed to be fun," she said. "Besides, women are more 
than brood mares for you men. When you start seeing what is truly around you, you'll find that we have a lot 
more to offer than just children."
As we journeyed, her behavior grew even more tiresome than it had been when we started. She would take 
care to point out other women who bore weapons, sometimes urging me to spar with them. I always refused. 
No woman could stand up to my expert combat maneuvers. Stalker always shrugged and said that my 
"overweening pride and ability to underestimate possible foes" would prove to be my downfall or that my 
"blindness" would lead me to an early grave.
When we had the luxury of an inn to stay in, she would often find an engaging companion and leave me to 
my own devices. Usually I sat in front of the common room's fire and watched its dancing flames, thinking of 
home or of the mission. Sometimes I went up to my private room and practiced combat maneuvers in an 
attempt to keep from thinking of what I'd left behind. One thing I noted, though, was that when we left the inn, 
Stalker's companion was discreet enough not to make an appearance. I silently thanked these men for not 
bowing to her own "overweening pride."
During one of her trysts at a campsite, however, curiosity got the best of me. I crept after her and a 
companion who she'd found traveling on the road that day, following them to the edge of a stream, where I 
discovered the depths of depravity that makes up Stalker's soul. As both she and her companion seemed lost 
in the passion of the moment, she grabbed a dagger from their discarded clothing and drove it into his eye 
without warning. I retreated from this scene after that, for she didn't stop with his death. I had to wonder what 
kind of monster the dragon had saddled me with.
As our travels continued, I kept a careful eye on Stalker, trying to determine if she used any pattern to select 
her victims. I came to realize that she killed only the ones who responded crassly to her advances; she merely 
robbed the others and left them tied to a nearby tree ... although the ropes were usually so poorly tied that I 
suspect the victim worked himself free within a few hours. I admit that on one level I feel as though she was 
doing the world a favor. Any man too weak to resist her temptations would probably just spawn another 
weakling.
When I asked her about it, Stalker defined these acts as keeping life "fun" and keeping her spirits high, and 
she became very annoyed when I expressed disapproval. I have to admit that I found her to be a far more 
palatable companion after a night of "fun," as she seemed cheerful after it and would appear quite interested in 
intellectual pursuits. For hours, she would engage me in philosophical discourse about the definitions of "fun" 
and "honor" and "right" and "wrong."
All of these irritations seem like nothing compared to the last one, however. We had entered Nightlund 
several days before, crossing the Vingaard River and moving into the unnatural pall that hung over all of this 
country. It rained steadily as we traveled eastward. The roads turned into streams of mud, slowing our 
progress.
As we trudged along the road, she became very aggressive in her assertion that murderng men was 
perfectly acceptable because it made her happy—especially in these dreary surroundings. Although I felt an 
urge to argue this point with my weapons instead of words, I reminded myself that she was the servant of one 
of the Red's allies and restrained myself.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-04, 周日 01:56:42 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #38 于: 2013-08-01, 周四 20:51:32 »
我们幸运地在开始感到疲惫时远远望见了一座破败的小旅店。潜行者建议,我们应该在干燥而舒适的环境中度过“夜晚”。“通常来说,干净的床单有助于让我变得快活起来,哪怕这儿的天空永远没有太阳。”

我让潜行者保证如果我们住进那座旅店,她不准杀害任何旅客或员工。她发誓她不会。

这家旅店的名字是“骑士小憩”(A Knight's Rest)。经营它的一家人个个都长着一对大耳朵,看上去就和周围那些阴影笼罩下的植物一样蔫唧唧的。之前来的客人很少,因此我们轻易就订到了房间。

潜行者坚持,我们在收拾好东西并换上干衣服之后,要一同享受一顿体面的大餐。当我们坐在公共休息室,吃着那些对于安塞隆上我所到过的大部分地区而言都相当典型的清淡料理的时候,听见吧台那边飘过来“吉尔赛那斯”这个字眼。我们一齐望向那个方向,看见一位穿着溅满泥浆的靴子与裤子的人类女性。老板娘正把她湿透了的斗篷挂在壁炉旁。那女子从皮挎包里掏出几份地图,把它们摊在吧台上。潜行者站起身来,漫步向她走去,同时摘下自己的兜帽。我跟着她。走着走着,潜行者的姿态似乎变了——就像每一回她打算唬骗一个猎物对她产生信赖的时候那样。我发现,她可以在一瞬之间显著地改变自己的举止和个性。

那女子正指着她的一张地图说:“这条路,还有那条路都已经彻底消失了,威尔(Will)。至于那条嘛……那条也一样,差不多可以从地图上抹掉了。就我所听说的,在这座桥附近有某种行尸(walking dead)的巢穴。”

旅店老板咒骂着:“夹在巨龙,不死生物(undead),还有笼罩在这片土地上方那该死的阴影之间,我们再不会剩下什么旅客了!”

潜行者说:“请原谅我打断两位的谈话,不过我们刚刚听你提到过‘吉尔赛那斯’这个名字。我们恰巧正在寻找一位名叫吉尔赛那斯的精灵王子。在前一个旅店,我们打听到他正居住在卡拉曼。要是你认识他,能告诉我们他是不是还在这座城市吗?”

她怀疑地盯着我们:“你们是他的朋友吗?”

“我这位朋友是吉尔赛那斯从前的冒险伙伴之一。而我呢……呃,许多年前,我钟情于他,而他也同样钟情于我。我们俩对他的情谊至死不变,因此我很自然地——”

“您是西悠瓦拉吗?”那个女子忽然显得很激动。潜行者没有笑,但我毫不怀疑她忍笑忍得很辛苦,她俯身靠向那女子,做了肯定的答复。女子激动得在她的那堆地图上戳起洞来。“噢,没想到,我会同时遇见过您和吉尔赛那斯!小姐,我丈夫待他太不厚道了,他——”

“请不要叫我小姐,”潜行者柔声说,拂开垂落在她眼前的白发,“我们善龙不在意繁文缛节。叫我西悠瓦拉就好。”

“我们竟然在这里相遇,简直要叫我疑心善良诸神终究还是在照应着我们。”

潜行者握住她的双手,直视着她的眼睛,用一种认真的口吻说:“是的,朋友。诸神并未离去。他们只是在考验我们。只要我们始终保持坚强,他们会回来的。”

那之后潜行者又发出一大堆抚慰的呢喃,扯了许多谎,当对话结束时,我们不仅对吉尔赛那斯在卡拉曼一年间的行动了如指掌,还得知了他目的地的消息。并且,为了帮助我们前往流云之巅,她把她唯一一张关于拉许森林周边区域的地图交给了我们。她离开的步伐轻盈得简直飘飘然了。我对潜行者说,她对那可怜的女人太残忍了。

潜行者露齿一笑:“我给了她希望。这怎么能叫残忍呢?”

我说那些全都是谎言。

“那些‘谎言’给了我们需要的东西。”她不耐烦地指出,“快从你的道德制高点上下来,考虑考虑我们下一步该做什么。”她没等我开口就接着说下去,“我正在怀疑,我们听说的那些关于一条银龙往西离开奈罗德的消息或许是真的。如果吉尔赛那斯正在找西悠瓦拉,那她说不定也正在找他,心里盼望着那种傻里傻气,浓情蜜意,脑子正常的人看了能吐出来的破镜重圆。这女人相信吉尔赛那斯正在向东走,我觉得她搞错了。归根结底,他可是从东边来的。”

我指出她的逻辑有问题,他乘船抵达后可能在海岸线的任何一点上登陆,因此他的行进方向根本是个谜。她怒视着我说:“我不相信逻辑。逻辑没给我带来过任何好处。我觉得我们就是应该往西走。”

我说我不打算折回我们刚刚来的方向。

“你想啊,就算吉尔赛那斯还在这块地方吧,我们回到西边去,就能提前给他布个漂亮的,靠近凯蓝卓斯大本营的陷阱。这一路上,我可以放出一系列风声,让他觉得西悠瓦拉走的是这条路……毕竟,刚刚我不费吹灰之力就让那个蠢女人相信我是西悠瓦拉,想象一下,如果我下功夫刻意模仿她呢?我能把他直接诱进我们的手掌心!”

我告诉她,我不认为她如此喜欢的这种猫抓老鼠的游戏在抓捕一个像吉尔赛那斯这样的人的时候能派上用场。我说我比较希望用一种有尊严的方式正面迎战他,然后给他个选择的机会——是向她投降,还是被我杀死。

“这有什么乐趣?”她问,“你没法从玩弄猎物中得到一点儿快感吗?要是你问我,这可是我一半的乐趣所在……引诱你的猎物走向你,然后再让他们‘逃脱’,假如他们还有时间这么做的话。”

“不,”我答道,“这不是我们的行事方式。位阶大师们会用最迅速,最简洁的方式杀死目标。死亡不是什么游戏。”

“一切都是游戏,我过分认真的朋友哟。要是你不学着玩儿,总有一天会后悔自己错过了那么多乐趣。”她长叹一声,“你懂得,我感觉我开始意识到我们俩并不真的是对好搭档。或许我们的两位上司有共同利益,可是我们在一块儿合不来。我们为什么不试试这种法子呢:我假设那女人搞错了,我往西走;而你往东穿过那条绿龙的领地,去看看他是不是真的去找那座魔山了。”

我指出在我一旦找到吉尔赛那斯的情况下,协助抓捕他是她的职责。我还指出假如她先找到他,也应当和我一块儿动手。

“对啊,对啊,对啊,”她说。她在她的许多层衣裳间摸索着。她拽出一枚镶着一块亮红色宝石的金戒指,把它丢在桌上。戒指丁零当啷地滚过桌面,我双手接住了它。“这枚戒指和另一枚是一套的。我们可以利用它们召唤对方。你戴一个,我戴另一个。我们中谁先找到吉尔赛那斯,就摩擦一下宝石。另一块石头会变成亮蓝色。然后他或她,一拧这块石头,就会被传送到对方所知晓的吉尔赛那斯的所在地附近。我们俩所要做的就是集中精力找到他……接着收到信号的一方就会出现在发信号的一方指定的地点!”

她没法进一步解释这对戒指生效的原理——“这是魔法!你指望我告诉你什么?!”——于是我拿了那枚戒指,我们就此分道扬镳。

至少我摆脱了她。我相信,即使第一个发现吉尔赛那斯的是她,她的荣誉感也足以让她通过戒指联络我。同样我也相信,她的荣誉感足以保证她不会背叛我,给我一个受诅咒的魔法物品。我相信,我们服务于两位彼此结盟的王者这件事足以让她的疯狂有所收敛。

我将在一瞬之间赶到现场,然后,我们的任务将告终结。

劇透 -   :
As we started to get tired, we were lucky enough to come within view of a run-down inn. Stalker suggested 
that we spend the "night" in dry and comfortable surroundings. "Clean sheets will go a long way to making me 
more cheerful about life in general, even if there's never a sun in the sky around here."
I made Stalker promise that if we stayed at the inn, she would not kill any of the other patrons or staff. She 
swore that she wouldn't.
The name of the inn was "A Knight's Rest." It was run by a family who all had big ears and looked as sickly 
as the vegetation of the shadow-drenched landscape around us. Few guests had arrived, so securing rooms 
was easy.
Stalker insisted that we enjoy a decent meal together after stowing our gear and changing into dry clothes. 
While we sat in the common room eating the bland food that I had found typical of most regions I'd visited 
across Ansalon, the word "Gilthanas" drifted toward us from the bar-counter. We looked in that direction as 
one and saw a human woman in mud-spattered boots and trousers. The innkeeper's wife was hanging her 
sodden cloak next to the fireplace, while the woman pulled maps from a leather satchel and opened them on 
the counter. Stalker rose to her feet and sauntered toward her, pulling back her hood. I followed. As Stalker 
walked, her posture seemed to change—as it always did when she was about to fool a victim into trusting her. 
I found the way she could change her bearing and personality in the space of a moment remarkable.
The woman pointed to one of her maps, saying, "This road and that road are wiped out, Will. And that one ... 
that one you can pretty much write off as well. From what I've heard, there's some sort of nest of walking dead 
near the bridge."
The innkeeper cursed. "Between the dragons, the undead, and the damn shadow that's been hanging over 
the land, there's not going to be any travelers left anymore!"
Stalker said, "Pardon me for interrupting, but we overheard you mention the name 'Gilthanas.' We happen 
to be looking for an elf-prince named Gilthanas. We were led to believe at the last inn that he is currently 
residing in Kalaman. If you know of him, can you tell us whether he is still in the city?"
She regarded us with suspicion. "Are you friends of his?"
"My friend here is a former adventuring companion of Gilthanas's. And me . .. well, many years ago, I gave 
my heart to him, and he gave me his. We'd given him up for dead, so naturally I—"
"Are you Silvara?" The woman suddenly looked very excited. Stalker didn't laugh, but I have no doubt that 
she was having a difficult time containing herself when she leaned closer to the woman and answered in the 
affirmative. The woman started to excitedly dig through her maps. "Oh, to think I would meet both you and 
Gilthanas! My husband treated him most ill, your ladyship, he—"
"Please," Stalker said softly, brushing her white hair from her eyes. "We Good dragons do not stand on 
ceremony. Just call me Silvara."
"Us meeting here makes me wonder if the gods of Good might not be watching over us after all."
Stalker took her hands into hers, looked into her eyes, and said in an earnest tone, "They do, my friend. The 
gods aren't gone. They are just testing us. And if we remain strong, they will return."
Stalker made many other soothing noises and told many other lies, and when she was done, not only did 
we have a complete account of Gilthanas's activities during his year in Kalaman but we also had news of his 
destination. Further, she gave us the only map she possessed of the area around the Woods of Lahue for our 
journey to the Peak of Clouds. When she left, she seemed to walk on air. I told Stalker that she had been cruel 
to the poor woman.
Stalker replied with arin, "I gave her hope. How can that be cruel?"
I said that they were all lies.
"Those 'lies' got us what we needed," she noted impatiently. "Now get off your moral high horse and start 
thinking about what we should do next." Without waiting, she continued, "I'm now wondering if those reports 
we heard of a silver dragon heading west out of Nightlund might have been true. If Gilthanas is looking for 
Silvara, she's probably also looking for him, hoping for the kind of sappy, lovey-dovey reunion that makes 
right-thinking people sick to their stomachs. I think this woman might be wrong in her belief that Gilthanas was 
going east. After all, he came from the east."
I pointed out that her logic was flawed, as he had arrived by boat and may have disembarked at any point 
along the coast, which puts his direction of travel in question. She scowled at me and said, "I don't believe in 
logic. Logic has never done me any good. I think we should head west."
I said I had no intention of going back in the direction we just came from.
"Look, even if Gilthanas is still in this area, if we go back west, we can set a trap for him, nice and close to 
Khellendros's strongholds. Along the way, I can drop some references that might make him think Silvara went 
that way ... after all, if I could make that silly woman think I was Silvara without even trying, just imagine what I 
could do if I made a serious go at impersonating her? I could lead him right into our arms!"
I told her that I didn't think the kind of cat-and-mouse games that she so enjoyed were appropriate when 
hunting one such as Gilthanas. I said I wanted to confront him in an honorable fashion and then give him the 
chance to surrender to her or be killed by me.
"Where's the fun in that?" she asked. "Don't you get any pleasure out of toying with your prey? If you ask 
me, that's half the fun ... letting your prey come to you, and then letting it 'escape,' if there's time for that."
"No," I replied. "That is not how we conduct ourselves. Masters of Ranks kill our quarries, swiftly and as 
simply as possible. Death is no game."
"Everything's a game, my too-serious friend. If you don't learn to play, you'll find yourself regretting all the 
fun you passed up." She sighed and stretched. "You know, I think I'm starting to realize that you and I don't 
exactly make a good team. Our masters may have common interests, but we just aren't working out. Why don't 
we try it this way: I'll head back westward in case that woman was wrong, and you go east through the green 
dragon's domain to see if he really did go looking for that magical mountain."
I pointed out that she was supposed to help capture Gilthanas in case I found him. I also pointed out that 
she was supposed to work with me if she found him first.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah," she said. She searched through the many layers of her clothing. She drew forth a 
golden ring with a bright red stone and threw it on the table. In rattled across the boards and came to rest 
between my hands. "This ring's part of a matched set. They'll let us summon each other. You'll wear one, I'll 
wear the other, and whichever of us finds Gilthanas first rubs the stone. The other stone will then turn bright 
blue. That person then twists the stone, and he or she will be transported to the vicinity of where the other one 
knows Gilthanas to be. All you or I have to do is concentrate on wanting to find him... and then the one who got 
the message will be where the sender was thinking about!"
She couldn't explain anything else about how the rings worked—"It's magic! What do you want from 
me?!"—and so I took the ring and we parted ways.
At least I was rid of her. And even if she found Gilthanas first, I believed she would be honorable enough to 
contact me via the rings. Similarly, I believed her honorable enough not to betray me by giving me a cursed 
magical item. I believed that our service to masters who were allies would be enough to keep her madness in 
check.
I would then be there in a moment, and then the qest would be over.
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-02, 周五 11:28:44 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道

离线 茶白猫小修

• 骰神牧师
  • Hero
  • 茶白有根白尾巴
    • 水晶镜子-纤云坊
« 回帖 #39 于: 2013-08-02, 周五 11:37:38 »
温斯顿之塔(Winston's Tower),26sc

自己究竟在安塞隆的荒野上流浪了多久?吉尔赛那斯早已不记得,也不关心了。反倒是翘首审视那座耸立在海岸上的高挑、细长的建筑时,他容许自己兴奋了一阵子。大船在他脚下摇晃着、颠簸着,船长正操纵她驶入卡萨(Karthay)沿海的惊涛骇浪。但精灵的眼中只有自己的目的地。塔尖上精细的雕塑深深吸引了他,那雕塑看上去像是闪烁的玻璃切面组成的某种玫瑰花苞。船长告诉他,这曾是一座灯塔,不过在这名人类的海上生涯中,从未见过它投入使用。

一打线索引领着精灵王子来到这座高塔,这座塔在古老的伊斯塔时期被作为堡垒建造出来,而如今,它则是侏儒技术的一座丰碑。他得到的最新消息表明西悠瓦拉来过这儿,他顽强地追随着她的足迹,甚至不惜订购船票从大陆前来。船费则来自从那群杀死了奇拉克,并企图刺杀吉尔赛那斯本人的刺客身上搜出的白金币。遗憾的是,对尸体的搜查没能提供关于他们使命的线索,精灵发誓,他最终非揭开这个谜底不可。

一座石码头从塔底的断崖脚下延伸入海。船长下令放下一艘小艇,水手们把小艇划近岸边,让吉尔赛那斯能跳上码头。然后,水手们诡秘地瞄了他几眼,划回他们的大船上,匆匆忙忙地扬帆离开了这个地方。

精灵只能报以轻笑,踏上凿入崖壁表面的台阶。他来到了这里,或许他能在这座高耸的建筑物内找到答案。

那阵兴奋劲儿很快就过去了,他开始盘算该如何进入和探索这座高塔。一开始他以为那暗色的表面是石质的,但现在看起来那更像是光滑的金属,甚至没有石墙上那种至少可以尝试攀爬的接缝。一条坡道盘绕在塔基周围,沿路分布着几扇敞开的、诱人的门扉,不过,王子决定,还是用更加谨慎点的方式进塔。

他绕着塔转了半圈,发现了墙上另一处不规则的地方:一连串石阶,通往一个紧挨建筑基部的小平台。它们看上去很像那种通往典型入口的阶梯,只除了一点——没有看到门。他登上平台,贴近塔壁,寻找着接缝或裂口的痕迹。但他只找到了一颗小小的,从墙上凸起大约一指厚的银色按钮。

除此之外,那金属平面上没有任何可能标示门的存在的裂隙或标记。正如克莱恩的大部分居民一样,吉尔赛那斯对侏儒略有所知。他们被称为“工匠(Tinkers)”,对发明创造有着传奇级的热狂。改进一台复杂的机械,是任何一位不辱此生的侏儒典型的生活目标。这些机械偶尔可以运转——通常是以发明家本身也意想不到的某种方式。绝大多数时候,它会把设计者连同任何碰巧被那一堆爪钩、齿轮、连杆、飞轮之类玩意儿够到的倒霉蛋一块送上西天。

因此,吉尔赛那斯对墙上的那颗银色按钮有点发怵。他敲了敲墙壁,从声音上判断那的确是金属,而且似乎相当厚。他对能够到的每一寸表面又推又戳,甚至抽出长剑叩了叩头顶上方,然而,这完全无济于事。最后,缺乏耐心的他得出了一个必然的结论:他必须按下那颗按钮。

他把拇指放在那银色的小圆钮上,向内一推。按钮顺溜地滑进墙体,他感觉墙对面有什么东西啮合了。在两次漫长的心跳过后——什么也没有发生。

紧接着吉尔赛那斯被一股力量压趴在地,倒在脚下的平台上。在短短一秒之内他意识到这平台正在以惊人的高速上升——压倒他的是加速度。他沿着塔面上升了数十尺,然后,骤然间,那平台猛地刹住了。

当然了,精灵还在接着上升,被那强有力的升降机高高弹射到空中。他胃部一阵痉挛,感到头晕眼花,但还是足够沉着地向上望去。高塔的顶部伸出了一个平台,他一眼就判断出这本该是个着陆点,等他飞过那地方再落下来的时候用来接住他。然而,它显然出现得太早了,精灵被那股令人动弹不得的怪力砸向了平台的下表面。

他的急智救了自己一命。为了应对这记碰撞,他把双臂举过头顶以缓冲对头骨的冲击,同时双腿分开踢向两侧。他的一只脚正巧穿过了支撑平台的支架中的一道缝隙,于是他被倒吊在了那里,膝盖钩在空隙中,身下百余尺处的世界天旋地转。

很快,某种机器开始转动,将平台拉回高塔边缘。支架折叠起来,吉尔赛那斯意识到,在数秒之内,他的腿自膝盖以下即将被巨大的钢梁夹住,乃至切断。在这绝望的困境中,他努力团身向上,双手抓住金属棍的边缘,把那只脚从急速缩小的缝隙中拔出来。在支架收拢的那一刻,他向前荡去,大字形仰躺在塔顶上,惊异地看着平台停止移动,化为平坦地面的一部分。

“这东西运转得还不错。”他喃喃自语着站起身来,拍拍身上的灰尘,检查自己有没有骨折。他的头撞伤了,腿擦破了,手指由于支撑体重的疲劳而抽了筋,不过都不是什么不可逆的伤害。在强烈的亮光笼罩下,他从几台看上去相当致命,似乎曾是某种轰炸武器的设备旁经过,一台也没有碰。

他找到一扇穿过塔顶的活板门,小心翼翼地掀开了它,欣慰地发现它没有牵动任何机械。沿着一道短梯,他来到一座圆厅的金属地面上,圆厅的大小看上去与高塔的截面相当。明亮的光线从几块沿墙壁分布的面板中射出,为这个空间提供了充足的照明。

他立刻嗅到了死亡的气息。环顾四周,他看见了几扇门,几名死侏儒仰卧在其中一扇门前的地板上。这里有各式各样的桌子和架子,上面摆放着各种奇怪的装置。其中一件尤为引人注目:那是一堆巨大的齿轮和滑轮的组合,还连着一支矛。它显然相当奏效,因为矛尖上串着另一名侏儒的尸体——毫无疑问就是英勇的发明家他本人。

精灵感到一颗心直往下沉。要是这里所有的侏儒都死光了,他该如何打听到信息?不过,他对这座高塔的探索才刚开始而已。

他走向其中一扇没被尸体堵住的门,打开了它,他看见一条长杆,上面连着一条锁链,锁链缠绕在屋顶的一只滑轮上。拉开门的同时,锁链开始叮当乱响,他飞快地向下扫了一眼,注意到某种厢体正在向这边上升。常识告诉他应当摔上门转身就跑,但某种不合时宜的好奇心将他钉在了原地。罐笼渐渐接近,速度慢了下来,终于稳稳地,完美地停在了和房间地板平齐的位置上。

果不其然,罐笼里躺着几名处于不同腐烂阶段的死侏儒。吉尔赛那斯意识到这是某种升降机,他不想再看下去——打算去找个老式的楼梯。在关上门的那一刻,他的第六感得到了回报:他听见铁链毫无缓冲地在滑轮上呼啸飞转。一秒钟之后,从很远,很远的下方传来罐笼砸在地上的响声。

劇透 -   :
Winston's Tower, 26sc

How long had he been wandering the wilds of Ansalon? Gilthanas no longer knew, nor cared. Instead, he 
allowed himself a moment of elation as he craned his neck and studied the lofty expanse of the tall, narrow 
structure rising from the coast. The ship pitched and rolled beneath his feet as the captain worked her into the 
rough waters along the Karthay shore, but the elf had eyes only for his destination. He was fascinated by the 
elaborate image atop the spire, like shining glass facets that formed a sort of rosebud. The ship's captain 
informed him that the object had once been a lighthouse beacon, but that it had not worked during the man's 
lifetime on the sea.
A dozen clues had brought the elven prince to this tower built as a fortress to ancient Istar, and now, a 
monument to gnome technology. His latest information had suggested that Silvara had come here, and he had 
doggedly followed her trail, even to the point of booking passage from the mainland. As payment, he had used 
the platinum coins he had found on the bodies of the assassins who had slain Keelak and attempted to kill 
Gilthanas himself. Unfortunately, his search of the bodies hadn't yielded any information regarding the source 
of their mission. That was a mystery that the elf had vowed to address eventually.
A stone wharf extended into the sea from the base of the cliff below the tower. The captain ordered a boat 
lowered, and the crew rowed close enough that Gilthanas could leap to the dock. With a few surreptitious 
glances, the sailors rowed back to their ship, which hastened to put on canvas and get away from this place. 
The elf could only chuckle as he made his way up the stairs carved into the cliff face. He was here, and 
perhaps he would find answers within this towering edifice.
His elation passed quickly as he began to consider the problem of entering and searching the tower. The 
dark face that he had first assumed was stone now looked to be smooth metal, without even the joints that 
might have made scaling a stone wall at least a possibility. A ramp curled around the base of the tower, leading 
past several open, beckoning doorways, but the prince decided to make a little more cautious approach.
Halfway around the tower he found another irregularity in the wall: a series of stone steps rising to a small 
platform against the base of the structure. They looked like the stairs leading to a typical entryway, except he 
could see no door. He climbed to the space and examined the wall closely for any sign of a seam or break. The 
only thing he could discover was a small silver button extending perhaps a finger's width from the wall. 
Otherwise, he found no sign of any break or any mark in the metal plate that would have indicated a door.
Gilthanas, like most inhabitants of Krynn, knew a little of gnomes. "Tinkers," they were called, and they had 
a legendary fascination with invention. The development of a complicated machine was the typical life's goal of 
any gnome worth his or her weight in salt. Occasionally these machines worked, usually in some way not 
anticipated by the inventor. Quite often, the machine proved deadly to its designer and to anyone else who 
happened to come within reach of its claws, gears, levers, wheels, and so forth.
Thus, Gilthanas regarded that silver button in the wall with a certain amount of trepidation. He knocked on 
the wall, determining from the sound that it was in fact metal, and it seemed to be quite thick. He pushed and 
prodded along the surface as far as he could reach, even drawing his sword and tapping over his head, to no 
avail. In the end, his lack of patience led him to the inescapable conclusion: He had to press the button.
He placed his thumb on the silver circle and pushed. The button glided into the wall with smooth ease, 
though he felt some sort of mechanism engage on the other side. For two long, long heartbeats, nothing 
happened.
And then Gilthanas was pressed flat, crumpling against the surface nder his feet. In a split second he 
realized that the platform was rising at tremendous speed—that acceleration pressed him down. He was lifted 
dozens of feet up the face of the tower and then, abruptly, the platform snapped to a halt.
The elf, of course, kept rising, catapulted high into the air by the forceful lift. His stomach lurched and his 
senses whirled, but he had the presence of mind to look upward. At the top of the tower, he saw a platform 
extend, and he immediately deduced that this was a landing that should have caught him on his way down, 
after he had been lifted past it. However, it had clearly emerged too early, and the elf smashed into the bottom 
of the platform's surface with numbing force.
Only his quick wits saved his life. Anticipating the impact, he had lifted his arms over his head to cushion the 
blow to his skull and kicked his legs out to either side. One foot flailed through a gap in the girder supporting 
the platform, and then he was hanging upside down, his knee crooked through the opening while the world 
spun dizzily more than a hundred feet below.
Immediately some sort of machine cranked into motion, pulling the platform back toward the rim of the 
tower. The girders folded, and Gilthanas perceived that, in a few seconds, his leg would be pinched or perhaps 
even severed at the knee between massive steel beams. With a desperate lurch, he pulled himself around, 
catching the edge of the metal rod with his hands and extricating his foot from the rapidly shrinking gap. As the 
girders folded together, he flung himself forward and sprawled onto the top of the tower, watching in 
amazement as the platform settled to become merely a part of the flat floor.
"That went well," he murmured to himself, rising to his feet, dusting himself off, and checking for broken 
bones. His head hurt, his leg was chafed, and his fingers were cramped from the strain of supporting his 
weight, but nothing seemed permanently damaged. The great light loomed above him, and he passed several 
deadly looking devices that might have been weapons of bombardment. He didn't touch any of them.
He found a trapdoor leading through the top of the tower and gingerly lifted it, relieved to find that no 
machines were involved. A short ladder led him to the metallic floor of a round room, which seemed to occupy 
the full circle of the tower's diameter. Bright light emerged from several panels along the walls, fully illuminating 
the place.
Immediately he caught the scent of death. Looking around, he saw several doors and a few dead gnomes 
sprawled on the floor before one of them. There were various tables and shelves with strange mechanisms 
upon them in here. One in particular caught his eye: It was a massive assemblage of gears and pulleys 
attached to a spear. It had apparently worked, for impaled on the spear was the body of another dead 
gnome—no doubt the intrepid inventor himself.
The elf felt his spirits sinking. How was he going to learn anything here if all the gnomes were dead? Still, he 
had only started to explore the tower.
He went to one of the doors unblocked by corpses, and opened it to reveal a long shaft with a chain circling 
over a pulley mounted in the roof. As soon as he had pulled the portal wide, the chain started clinking, and a 
quick downward look showed him that some sort of compartment was rising toward him. Common sense told 
him to slam the door and run, but some perverse curiosity held him in place. The approaching cage slowed, 
finally coming to a gentle stop perfectly in line with the floor of the room.
Within that cage, not surprisingly, were several dead gnomes in various stages of decomposition. 
Recognizing this as some sort of lift, Gilthanas had seen enough—he would try to find an old-fashioned 
stairway. When he closed the door, his intuition was rewarded as he heard the chain whip through the pulley 
with unfettered speed. A second later he heard the cage crash into the floor far, far below. 
« 上次编辑: 2013-08-11, 周日 15:13:41 由 茶白猫小修 »

骰神牧师的布道